Chapter 40

August

"Do you have to go to work today?" Tammy pouted while I pulled my shirt over my head.

"I do. I gotta finish this tat today." I kissed her lips that were poked out. "Fix your face. You need to be getting dressed anyway. Aren't you going out with Amber?"

"Yeah but so she'd understand."

I smirked and sat on the edge of the bed. "I'll come home early and you can have me all to yourself."

"Promise? No phone either?" Tammy been buggin me about being on my phone a lot lately but I was just making sure shit was straight. I had Kid giving me updates about people's whereabouts and we were discussing getting some security. I didn't want to take it that far at first but I may have to. I needed to talk to Tammy about it first tho.

"Nah no phone tonight."

She smiled and wrapped her arms around my neck from behind me. She moved from behind me and got up off the bed to get ready for whatever she was doing today.

I was honestly just glad she wasn't going back and forth with Draya anymore. After a week and a half of bullshitting Draya finally signed the contract that Tammy's lawyer made up. Tammy walked away with what she wanted just a little less than what Draya offered. That was cool because whatever she needed I had her.

"August have you seen my cocoa butter. I didn't see it in the bathroom." Tammy walked into the bedroom in a towel.

"It's on your nightstand babe."

I watched her ass move under the towel as she walked to her side of the bed. It's gotten bigger in the last 4 and a half months. She was upset at the weight she's gained sometimes but she looked good as fuck to me. My baby was beautiful as hell.

"Hello August did you hear anything I just said to you? Or were you too stuck on my ass."

She stood in front of me ass naked expecting a nigga to pay attention to her talk. We haven't had sex in a week and I was trying to be patient but she wasn't helping my situation right now.

"I can't admire my woman's beautiful body? I apologize for not listening. Now what did you say?"

I watched her cheeks turn a light shade of pink at my compliment. "I was just asking if you want me to bring you anything after Amber and I go to lunch later."

I smirked. She's always thinking about a nigga. "Nah babe I'll be straight. I'll probably order something today for everyone."

"Okay. I think today I'm just gonna look at things for furniture for the baby's room and go see what color paint I want on the walls."

"We still doing the neutral colors?"

"Yeah. The tan was cute but I was thinking cream and gray." She got dressed while she talked.

"I'm cool with whatever you choose but when you choose the paint let me know. I'll go get it. I don't want you dealing with all that."

She nodded. "I'll just bring the sample papers home."

Usually she would argue back and forth about what she could do but I had to shut it down. I didn't want her trying to do shit like that. She could pick whatever she wanted but I'd go and get everything.

When I got to the shop it was unusually quiet. I didn't have to open because I gave Gio a key a while ago. She was the only person other than me that had a key.

Jace and Giselle weren't in the front like they usually were and Lana was busy on the computer making sure everything was straight. I guess Gio heard the bell go off when I walked in because she came up with a serious look on her face. She nodded towards the back and I followed.