Chapter 9

Solaces pov

My lips are inches away from his and something is telling me to just move a bit closer and it'll be the best  thing of my life, but I can not. Father would be angry if he ever knew I even thought about kissing him. I sigh and let the electricity run to my hand. The young boy gasps and looks up at me. "No..." The whisper is so small I barely heard it myself. The bolts zap Seto and his eyes close slowly. "Br-..-rice." The name was shaky and low. The single name left his lips and for some reason, I wanted to wake him up then and there to make sure he was ok. I shook my head then closed my eyes. I thought of  my house and slowly felt myself be engulfed in electricity. I open my eyes and saw myself in front of the front door. I look down at the small boy leaning against the door. I bite my lip as my heart starts to quicken and a shiver runs up my spine. I put my arms under his legs and back, holding him bridle style. I open the door with Seto in my arms then close it with my foot. My father walked out from his labs door with a grin on his face. He clasps his hands together, rubbing them mischievously. I stop in my steps and watch as he takes a small step towards us. "Excellent." He mutters and  gestures for me to follow him with a simple. "Follow me." I did as so and followed him into his lab. "Put him in the chair and make sure the cuffs glow before leaving him." I nod and mutter a "yes father". I walk over to the  small chair in the back of the room. I sit him down the chair then close the cuffs around his hands and feet. They tighten around his wrists and ankles before glowing a dark red color.

I look back at my father and he laughs darkly. "Amazing, my dear boy! In so proud!" I smile happily. He's proud of me! "Now you may stay at home today. I shall call the school and tell them you are sick." I nod and slowly look back to the unconscious boy strapped in the chair. I feel hands clasp my shoulder making me look up to see my father looking down at me. "He's an evil sorcerer, Solace, remember that. He will get what he deserves." I nod but do take notice to the way his eyes darken when he says 'He will get what he deserves.' A shiver runs up my spine at that look, almost as if I've seen it before. He releases my shoulders and steps back. He looks behind me at Seto and smirks. "Now, you go to your room and leave me. I shall call you if I need you." I nod and start towards the door.

Don't leave me.

I freeze in my steps at the voice that's echoing though my head. It sounds so familiar. The voice sends waves of warmth through me that make my heart beat faster.

I love you.

I shake my head and look behind me at Seto. My father stands beside him with a book in his hands. "He's evil Solace. Remember that." I whisper to myself and clench my hands together. I look away and out my hands back to my sides. I walk out of Fathers Lab and towards the door to my room. "Solace!" I sigh and walk back towards Father. "Yes, father?" He turns to me and smiles. "I'm proud of you son." A smile appears on my face but it's not as big as I though it would be. My father finally said he was proud at me and, for some reason, I'm not happy about it.