Chapter 1

Today was one of the best days of our lives. Our group, the Bangtan Boys, won our first ever first place music award. It felt great. No, it felt unbelievable. We all cried tears of joy. And then everyone but me continued crying, because in a blink of an eye, everything changed and memories faded.

~

It was May 2015.

"Bangtan Sonyeondan!" the MC shouted, announcing that we had won first place. We all just stared at each other surprised, before we excitedly walked towards the stage and accepted the award.

After everything, we were all crying backstage with joy. About 2 of us tried to act tough, but tears fell down anyways.

We all got inside the van and was on our way home. At first we were all teasing each other, trying to make each other cry again, and then we all sang together as the van would stop, start, and turn.

"Jungkook, we all know you were the first to cry. When we got backstage you went straight to the bathroom." Jimin hyung teases to me. I ignore him and they all started squeezing my cheeks and mocking me with crying noises. I couldn't help but to laugh along with them.

In the middle of our laughter, we heard a truck honking. We all turned our heads towards the loud noise and saw a bright flashing light coming closer. We then felt the van making a sharp turn; everything went black.

I woke up in a hospital room, not knowing what was wrong with me or how I even ended up here. I looked around and saw nobody in the room. I saw my leg lifted up in the air, resting in a cast. I heard muttering coming from outside the room, and then the door opening. I turned my head towards it, and I saw a woman run to me and hug me tight.

"Jungkook! I'm so happy you're okay!" she sobs. Jungkook...I knew that was my name, I just didn't know who she was. I figured she noticed that didn't respond to her actions, because she released me and looked at me confused.

"Jungkook?" she says. I continued looking at her, still not knowing who she was. "Jungkook. Answer your mother! I was so worried!"

"My mother?" I asked. The woman here in front of me, is my mother? If so, how come I don't remember her?

"Mrs. Jeon," the doctor says a few feet away from us, "I was trying to tell you this outside, but you ignored and quickly ran in the room. When we checked him, he showed some signs of possible amnesia. I was going to warn you, in case this happened but...I'm sorry."

"A-amnesia? For how long?" my supposed mother asks.

"That, we don't know. It can take a few weeks, months, years. Sometimes in rare cases, never." the doctor answers.

"W-w-wait, what about the others?" she asks. I thought to myself, the others?

"All of them have minor injuries. But, one does have a broken arm. He has a cast around it now, though. None of them have amnesia if that's what you were wondering. But, everyone, including your son are fine enough to be released tomorrow morning. We just need to watch them over night, just in case. We have crutches prepared for him tomorrow." the doctor tells her. I just stare at the two, confused. Who are the others that they're talking about?

~

I was standing in front of the hospital, leaning on my crutches, wondering why my mom told me to wait outside as she went back in. About 5 minutes later, 6 older but still young guys walked out.

"Jungkook!" the one with the broken arm calls out to me. He runs over and hugs me tightly with his good arm. "I'm so glad you're okay! I was so confused to why you were seperated from us."