Braver, Stronger, Smarter.

It’s crazy how such a small quote can affect my life. How such an old cartoon can affect generations and generations to come. Winnie the Pooh may have been a bear. But he saw the world differently than most. He looked at the smallest things that no one would even consider noticing.

You are braver than you believe: Picture yourself on stage. About to sing your favorite song. You’ve been practicing for weeks on end for this performance. As you open your mouth. Your whole body freezes. Your heart beats faster as the blood rushes to your face. You’re telling yourself you can’t do it. Wait. Stop. You can’t do it? Have you tried? Because my thought is that you froze. That doesn’t mean you can’t do it. You have to picture yourself in your room. Singing your heart out. Then just put that performance that was in your bedroom, onto that stage. Be confident. Be brave.

You are stronger than you seem: Picture yourself lying on your bed. Sick and tired of everything. You hate yourself. You believe you have nothing to live for. You open your nightstand drawer. The pills that you take for different sicknesses are layered at the bottom. You think no one would care if you were gone anyway. Stop. Rethink what you just said to yourself. Do you honestly believe that? It’d devastate everybody that’s a part of your life. Trust me. I’d know. Be invincible to everything going on. Be strong.

You are smarter than you think: Picture yourself at a party. Your freshman year in high school. New friends. New experiences. A familiar face comes up to you and hands you a pipe. You tell yourself it won’t hurt to just try it. Shut up. It won’t hurt you? You know what? Maybe you’re right. It won’t hurt right now. But you’ll think you can do it more. It’ll ruin your life. Weed can lead to much more. I know for a fact you’re not an idiot.  Think a little bit. Be smart.