1st Crack

good day everyone! I am tim. and this is the story i've worked and still working hard on. please enjoy reading. don't forget to like and leave your comments! arigato gozaimasu! :D

and...don't forget to vote and/or leave a comment :D

***

Chapter 1

I tried hard to drown myself to sleep. How I wish I could just sleep for all eternity. I didn't want to wake up. I am very certain that the moment I wake up is the moment I will be doing something I don't want to do, that would also be the moment that I will face something unexpected and outrageous. My dad and I have always argued with me going to school again. Not that I don’t study because I’m sort of a rebellious teenager. I still study at home, yes, I am home-schooled. It is my own decision that I engaged into it because this is the best solution that I could think of to my problem. The thing is I just don’t like being with other people anymore or maybe, it is me that they really don’t like. Well, I really don’t care and think about that anymore. I’m comfortable with the way I live now and that’s what I think, matters more. I’m home-schooling since the second half of my freshman year in high school. It didn’t bother me that I was the only student for I have something with me. Aside from my teacher who comes five days a week from 8 o’clock in the morning ‘til 3:30 in the afternoon, I enjoy the company of my precious Alligy. Actually, he’s not a person. Alligy is my beloved stuff toy given to me by my late grand-mother when I was still little. I know boys don’t usually keep these kinds of stuff but Alligy…is just too precious to me. I guess it’s because of the sentimental value. I could feel drowsiness fleeing away from me. Now I know I am awake, but I didn’t open my eyes. Few seconds after, I heard someone knocking my room’s door. I intentionally ignored the knocking but, it became louder this time. I lazily opened my eyes and looked at the clock on my bed-side table.

It’s already 9:30 in the morning. I would be most comfortable if I could sleep a little longer since I slept around 2:00 am reading a Mary Higgins Clark book. And I really don’t remember something that I am supposed to do at this time of the morning. The knocks became really loud this time. I gave out a big sigh and blurted out, “I’m coming!”

I got up from my bed and walked towards the door of my room. When I opened it, a chorus of greetings rang my ears. I was more irritated than delighted.

“Happy Birthday Paolo!!!” my father, Henry, my sister, Abigaile, and our butler, Harris stood in front of my room with their mouths wide open with the greeting. Their cheerfulness is something I can’t be cheerful about. It’s always beyond human tolerance if I may say. The good side of it is that it equalizes the cold aura that emanates from me.

“Happy 15th birthday, son” my father said with a huge smile on his face. Then he handed me a small box wrapped elegantly with a silver gift wrapper and an envelope.

“Uhm, thank you dad” I mumbled

My dad’s name is Henry Kross. He is a son of a wealthy British family that owns Golden Homes, a real estates company. He inherited the business soon after he married my late mother, Camilla Torres, a Filipina, and after my grand-father, Romero Kross retired early. The family’s business was doing great ever since he started managing it. The company even managed to be one of the top real estate companies in Great Britain with the span of only 3 years. When my dad says its business it is really business and he lives up with it. When you first see him, you’re most likely experience intimidation. He is always grandiose with the way he looks and carries himself in and out of public, though I really don’t find it necessary for him to do that. He’s fond of surprises and that more scares me. I always don’t know what to expect from him, and so him from I.