Chapter 2!!

It took me longer than usual to get to school that morning. I don’t really know why. It could have been I was preoccupied with other thoughts then concentrating on getting to school on time. I arrived just as the bell was ringing. I sighed and quickly headed to homeroom. Just as I sat down right at the back, the Barbie Bitches walked in and sat down giggling and making their usual annoying noises.

After what seemed like an age the bell rang again signalling the start of lessons. I stood up and walked out of the room and headed straight to my locker. Quickly grabbing my books and locking up again, I headed straight to lessons. No messing about today, I just wanted to get out.

At lunch, I checked my phone for any messages, only to find that there were no new messages. This wasn’t unusual, as I didn’t really have any close friends I would give my number to. I preferred my own company and that had got me a rep as the school loner. I didn’t really mind as it was rare anyone would come up to me and strike up a conversation.

When the bell went to signal the end of lunch, I picked up my left over lunch which had only had a banana, water and a sandwich and dumped it in the bin. Another quick stop at my locker to grab my bag and with that I started the slight trek to the science block. I ran up the stairs two and a time until I narrowly missed a collision with a boy who looked about my age. I didn’t know who he was, so muttered a quick apology and carried on walking.

Science went slowly as did R.E. but, finally it was the end of school. Making sure I had everything I would need to do homework and study for upcoming tests, I headed home. It took me half the time to get home it did to get to school this morning, even having time to grab my usual can and chocolate bar.

When I walked through the door I knew something was wrong. It was quiet and dad wasn’t shouting or coming after me with a bat. I couldn’t even hear anyone in the kitchen which was very strange. I took a quick look around before spotting Katie’s post- it stuck on the fridge.

“Gone to the doctors, dad got an appointment today. Be back soon, Katie xx”

I read and re-read the note before putting it in the bin. I started making a sandwich and grabbed a pack of chips out of the cupboard. With that I headed upstairs to make a start on my homework, hoping to get an early night tonight.

By the time Katie and dad got home, I was nearly done with all my homework and only had a little bit of maths to do. I headed back downstairs taking my plate and headed to the kitchen. Katie looked up and gave me a weak smile.

“What happened? Is he alright? Will he get better?” My endless row of questions didn’t seem to faze Katie.

“How about we make some dinner first?” With that I just nodded and started to help with dinner.

*******************************************************************************

Heyya guys!! This is chapter 2 :) Hope you guys liked it!! VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!!! :) Armykid x