Prologue

September 14, 2012

"Mia Andrea?" My mother called out for me. I glanced at her.

"Yeah, what is it?" I said. The screen door opened and she came outside. She looked down at me curiously as I sat on the steps of our small home.

"What are you doing out so late? It's cold, come inside befor you cach something." She advised in a motherly voice. I shook my head, still holding on tightly to the gold heart on my necklace. It was as cold as ice but I didn't care, I still held on to it as I stared up at the stars.

"I'll be there in a minute." I said, never looking away from them. She sighed but went back inside, closing the screen door behind her.

I gulped as the wind carrassed my face. I heard a twig snap, making my head turn.

The neighborhood was empty and dark, for everyone had gone to sleep but I sensed something watching me.

I looked around before excusing it as my paranoid brain.

I looked up at the stars, took a deep breath and began. "I wish to meet my soulmate on my sixteenth birthday."

I closed my eyes and held onto the heart harder.

My heart pounded in my chest. I stayed still, waiting for something -I don't know what- to happen, until my mother came back outside. I obeyed her this time and went inside, glancing behind me into the cold night.

A/N

New story! Now. I've had this in my mind since forever! But I was too scared to put this out there. As always, hope you enjoyed this small prologue.

Vote, comment, follow!