How You Meet

It was a hot summer day. You had just gotten off work and escaped from a boss that hated you and completely incompetent coworkers.
Sighing softly, you stepped out into the hubbub of New York City, eager to get home and do nothing but unwind in your favorite pair of old sweatpants and a T-shirt, no matter how hot it was outside.
While at the crosswalk, waiting for the signal to go, a man stepped up next to you. He had dark hair, a muscular build, one of those popular flat billed caps, that you couldn't remember the name of, and a smirk slowly spreading across his face.
"Your boss wants to see you." He said trying to look you up and down inconspicuously. It wasn't working.
"Who are you?" You ask, unsure of his demeanor.
"I'm his son." He said quickly, " And I don't want to piss my old man off, so just come with me."
Reluctantly, you went, though not without caution.
As you neared the building where you worked the boss's "son" grabbed your forearm and dragged you into the shadows of a deserted alleyway, pulling out a rag and attempting to gag you.
You bite down at the hand going near your mouth, and struggling as he pins you against the wall of the building.
"Good thing I like my women rough." He spoke huskily before kissing your neck roughly, pinning your arms above your head with one hand and tearing at your shirt with the other.
You start sobbing. "Please, no!" You choke out through tears.
He grinds up against you, moaning, "Hell no, I ain't gonna stop, not when I've got a pretty little bitch like you to fuck."
He was about to pull down the skirt you were required to wear to work when a silhouette appeared at the end of the alley.
"I believe the lady said 'No,'" A voice came out of the gloom, and just as soon as the words were uttered a metallic clang was heard and a round piece of metal hit your assailant, knocking him out cold.  His body slumped against yours causing you to push him off, and then, remembering what he had tried to do, proceeded to begin kicking him in the stomach, balls, head, wherever you could reach. His nose broke with a satisfying crunch, and you reset for another blow, when you were suddenly held back by your hero.
"Leave him be." He said, "He'll already have a powerful headache, a broken nose, and a police sentence on his hands by tomorrow."
Unwillingly, you stopped kicking your attacker.
"That's better, now ma'm are you okay? Do you need medical attention?" He spoke softly, as though he was treading on nails by you.
"No, I'm fine, Mr..." You trailed off, not knowing your savior's name, first or last.
"Rogers." He responded curtly, "Uh, Steve Rogers," He tried again after you raised your eyebrows slightly.
"That's better," You said mockingly, "Y/N" you introduced yourself, holding your hand out to shake.
He took it and shook it gently, as if he was going to hurt you.
"Well, Mr. Rogers, I must go, I have many a thing to attend to. Thank you for saving me." You said after a short silence.
"Of course, perhaps we shall meet again under better circumstances." He replied, hope in his eyes.
For whatever reason, feeling a sudden burst of courage, you pulled out a sharpie you had in your bag, and wrote down 'Coffee shop on sixth next to the Chinese restaurant. Thursday at Ten AM.' Giving him a quick hug, you pulled back and said sternly, "Do not be late."
You then rushed off down the alley into the mass of people, leaving Steve completely dumbfounded.
He shook himself out of the stupor, looking around and seeing himself alone, he picked up his shield, looked at his arm, and rushed off to talk to Natasha Romanoff, because goodness knows he hasn't been on a date since, well, he's been in the ice, and he definitely wanted some advice.