CHAPTER 1

The pain seared through my arm as a gripped the blade that had struck it. With immense speed, I whipped the blade at it's owner. Green and purple swiped my vision. I was quick enough to grab it by the throat and smash it into the walls of the state building. I was suddenly blasted into the air. I realized it was an explosion. Blacked and grass stained, I got up and saw the bastard get away.

"HEY YOU! YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR THE BOMBING OF THE STATE BUILDING!" the cops surrounded me with guns. Even if they shot me, I could make sure that the spark in the gun didn't happen. I got up and I heard clicks from their guns. They were stunned I grabbed on of the suited men and tossed him into the others. A black hole figure carried me into the air and I zipped over the city.

"Aren't you supposed to be jailed up?" I turned to see someone jumping from building to building beside me keeping the pace.

"I didn't do it."

"Then why are you running?" he said. He had a bow and arrow and looked like Robinhood.

"Does it look like I'm running? And what are you gonna do about it?" I asked a little frustrated that he was following me.

"Let me introduce myself first. Stop for a minute." he said a little out of breath. I reluctantly did. "I am Hawk Eye."

"I am The Black Fox." I said holding out my hand. He shook it gladly.

"Your not a villian hopefully so I should take you to the heroes den." he said.

"No thanks. I work alone."

"That's what they all say." he said. "How about you just meet them."

"I'm not making any promises." I said with a smirk. I followed him to a huge hovercraft. The doors opened and we went in. I kept my guard up just in case. I wasnt going to take any chances. We went into a large room with computer gadgets everywhere. In the center, all the super heroes were gathered.

"I did as you asked." Hawk Eye said to Iron Man.

"Good." he said.

"What did you bring me into!?" I screamed. I grabbed him by the collar, but before I could pound him, I was grabbed and restrained. I reacted by engulfing myself in flames. I couldn't be affected but the others could. They let go and I dashed out of the room. Suddenly the hovercraft went into lock down. I got stuck in a small room.

"We aren't going to hurt you!" someone shouted from the door.

"I don't care! Whatever you want from me I won't accept!" I shouted. I hated being restrained. I love being free. That's mostly from my animal side. They opened the door and Iron Man stepped in.

"We've been monitoring you for a while since we discovered you existed. Hawk Eye told us that your name is The Black Fox am I correct?"

"Maybe."

"You don't trust easily do you?" he looked puzzled.

"It comes from my animal side." I said standing up. I didn't realize I was even sitting down before.

"Ah, yes. You can morph into any canine."

"Yes." I said.

"What's your actual name?" he asked.

"Roxanne Devon." I said. It was true.

"Well Roxanne, you interested in being on our team. No harm and you can wander around I promise. We ARE heroes afterall."

"I'll think about it. Now let me go hone. And if you follow me I swear I'll-"

"Don't worry. We won't." he said. He lead me out and I glided down to the city. I went to my house. Yeah I actually have a house. I went straight upstairs and sat on my bed. I didn't know whether I wanted to help them or do things on my own. I sat on my bed for hours debating. I finally gave up and went to bed.