Personal Narrative

First, i should probably tell you about the area. A small road was attached to the main road of the neighborhood, the road wrapped around to make a circle and there was another road splitting off on the right. My house was the second on the left and my friends house was directly ahead of mine. My house had a massive tree and a small magnolia in front. My house was an off-white and so were the rest of the houses. Most of the houses were two stories and the one next to my friend was the only one story. Most of the houses had small trees that had been planted recently and didn't grow quite as well as ours. The houses had a few feet of driveway and enough garage space to fit at least one car.

My friends house, Steven, Heather, and Abby, had a forest and a lake behind it which was uncommon in our neighborhood. The lake was not very deep and had cattails filling the middle of the lake which separated it into two ponds. The main pond and the sunfish pond as we called it. The sunfish pond was called this because obviously it had freshwater sunfish. The small pond also had small fish along with the sunfish which is mostly the reason we went to it. We would sit down on a pipe that was there but had stop being used and dangle our feet in the water. The fish would come and eat the skin off our feet (it was sort of weird when you think about it but it tickled). The sunfish were fun to watch since they would come close to your feet and if you moved a little bit they would swim away which made their colours flash.

When the fish were done we would go sit near the big lake. They had a big slab of concrete that protruded from the lake and had iron bars over the top of it. The iron bars made i so you could see the water below inside the box. The lake was always calm and once w were done sitting we would go to the small bank beside the lake and find stones to skip across it. Usually Heather and I wouldn't be able to skip the rocks because we could never find smooth stones.

After we were done with that we would go into the forest and walk around. We would sometimes walk all the way down to the end of the road where there was a small stream. It would have been pretty but people would litter and we found broken bottles and plastic wrappers. We would walk back to their house which means we had to walk past our friends house. Behind her house the forest grew thicker and it was really pretty and calming.

Once we got back to their house we would walk over to my house if it wasn't to dark and play. Other times we would get our bikes and bike to a gas station a few miles away. We weren't in any danger unless some one was going fast since to get thee you had to go through the neighborhood. We usually went to the gas station if we had extra money or if their parents needed something and I was bored. The neighborhood was quiet and peaceful.

A year or so ago my friends house got broken into. Their moms mom had lived with her and she was deaf. The robber had grabbed computer stuff and was going to steal it when he noticed she was upset. He apparently put everything back and gave her a hug before leaving. My dad told me and i couldn't believe some people are actually that nice. I had been scared for a little while after for my friends but nothing else happened after.