Chapter 10

[ROC'S POV]

He lifted his hand up and I flinched instinctively but he only brought it up to rest on my cheek lightly. He ran the pad of his thumb over it softly and smiled. At me!

So maybe he's not that mad at me then. But, I'm not out of the woods yet. I don't even know why that metaphor is always used. Seriously, it's ridiculous but it describes this situation perfectly and honestly, all I want to do right now is find out if he heard what me and Ray Ray were talking about. And Prodigy's supposed to be in bed. Not up and about.

"Um, how long were you standing there exactly?" I nibbled on my lip nervously, my tears having long dried up.

"Long enough." He says softly. If he was there long enough then that means that he knows I loved or at the very least liked, Princeton. Oh my God, what if he breaks up with me? I don't want that, I really, really don't.

"So... you know I had feelings for Prince once upon a time?" I asked. I didn't want to bring up the subject in case it makes Prodigy leave me but I needed to know that this won't affect our relationship. I just really needed to know.

"Yes, I do." He moves closer to me so that there's not even an inch of space left and our chests are touching, although I'm still a few inches taller than him.

"But it won't change my feelings for you, Roc. I love you. And if I hated you for loving-" "Liking" "sorry, liking Princeton," Prodigy snorted, and smiled. " Then I'd be the biggest hypocrite ever considering I had strong feelings for Ray Ray once upon a time." 

"Strong, an understatement if I ever heard any." I muttered lowly but Prodigy still heard it and glared at his boyfriend.

"Can I finish?" He said disgruntled.

I cleared my throat, trying not to laugh because that would be asking for trouble and mimed zipping up my lips to let him know I would stay quiet.

"Anyway, like I was saying before someone rudely interrupted" he glared at me "Even with all that, you still wanted me then so if I leave you now that won't be fair to you because I know that you love me too or else you would've taken Ray's offer and left me just to keep that secret." This sounds promising.

Maybe he isn't breaking up with me after all.

"Even when you thought that I'd hate you, you still didn't want to lie to me and that, among other reasons, is why I'm falling deeper in love with you every single second, minute, hour or day, we spend together. So don't think that because you admitted to once having feelings for someone while you were dating me is going to make me leave you, because it's not." He brushed a few stray tears that flowed from my eyes and cupped my cheek and smiled at me lovingly. "You make me happy Roc, for so long I was miserable, watching the one person that I loved be with someone else but then you came and it was like a breath of fresh air. I felt like a huge weight had been lifted from my shoulders because you asked me to be with you and I accepted. I knew that you would treat me right Roc, so yeah, I'm not going to leave you if that's what you wanted to know."

When he finished talking I pulled him into my arms and hugged him tightly, nestling my head on his shoulder and inhaling his calming scent.

I really needed to hear that, even if I hadn't known I did but Prodigy did. He knew I needed reassurance and he gave it to me.

I hadn't realised I was crying until Prodigy pulled away and seeing my tear-stained face, sat on the couch and pulled me into him, all thoughts about Ray Ray forgotten.

He pulled me onto his lap and I buried my head into the crook of his neck. I sobbed and sobbed, the occasional hiccup and sniffles wracking my body.

"Shh, babe don't cry. I hate seeing you cry, you know that." He whispered into my ear. I calmed down a bit at the sound of his voice but tears still flowed out of my eyes, maybe not as hard, but still there.

[PRODIGY'S POV]

"I thought you were going to punch me when you raised your hand." He mumbled, his voice coming out muffled since he's head was still nestled in my neck.

"I'd never do that, babe." I said honestly. He snorts in disbelief so I push him at arms length and tilt his head up so he's looking at me. "I mean it. I'd never hit you. Well... unless you hit me first." I mutter the last part.

"No, I'd never even think about hitting you." He says confidently.

"Good, because I'd have left you and you don't want that, do you?" I asked with arched brows.

"No!" He said, eyes wide and shaking his head vigorously. I had to smile. He's just so cute and he's all mine.

"It's okay." I laughed.

"No it's not, now c'mon, I've got to show you something." He says and pulls me up off the couch and along to his room.

I go willingly and when we get in he shuts the door. "Now, about what we started earlier..." He murmurs, looking up at me from under his lashes.

I leaned up and whispered in his ear. "I haven't forgotten about taking my revenge for teasing me earlier, babe."

[RAY RAY'S POV]

I watched the confrontation between them take place and even after they left I was still standing there in shock.

I expected Prodigy to blow a fuse or something of the sort that would end up with them breaking up, but instead they confessed their wrongs and still wanted to be together.

Prodigy even confessed to having had feelings for me for a long time.

Could that have been during our tour in the UK? Most probably. And I was definitely the 'him' that he fell out of love with.

I wish I'd taken the chance after that when I'd started liking him, then maybe right now he would've been mine.

It would've been me leading him up to my room to probably have make up sex with him.

It could've been me.