Chapter 2

Our story begins in California. It's 5 A.M. and everyone's asleep, everyone except you. You're awake. You're awake because you're worried about what tomorrow is going to bring. You're unsure what to do, what to wear, what to say. But can I just stop you for a second? You, yes you. Listen, you're going to do great, you're going to look fine, maybe a bit too much on the eyeliner, but you're going to look fine.
Today's stress has gotten to you so you fall asleep, tossing and turning with worry, maybe it's not the peaceful night sleep you desired, but it was just enough that when your alarm went off the next morning you only hit the snooze button twice. You finally get the energy to get out of bed and shower. 3 hours till time. You're standing in the shower dozing, nerves haven't kicked in yet, oh but they're soon to. You finish what seems like the shortest shower ever until you look at your clock. 2 hours and 15 minutes till time. But no, you don't panic, you have everything "together". Still in your daze you stand in front of your closet. If you want the gig you have to dress to impress. Not too edgy, not too girly. Not too businessy, not too casual. You wish you had your own stylist, but unfortunately you don't. After five different changes and two thoughts of not going, you finally decide on what to wear. A pair of black leather pants that makes your butt look great. A navy blue crop top that covers cleaveage, but still makes you look like you have more than what you do. A pair of black leather combat boots that trip you if you walk just right, but helps make your legs look longer, not that you need them to seeing you're 5'8 almost 6 if you don't slouch. 1 hour and 30 minutes left.
On to makeup. You decide to go for a natural look, natural except for the contour you did, rose red lips you did, and (like I said) a bit too much of the eyeliner you did. Not going to lie, you look great, but you look like a girl off of Tumbler. You know the ones, they're always like "Oh I'm different from the other girls." But if they took a look around they'd just realize the only reason they're different is because they're trying too hard. Yea, one of those girls. But you're okay with that because it looks good on you. 45 minutes left.
You feel the nerves kicking in now, but you're still drowsy so you decide to pick up some coffee on the way. You hurry to find your keys, phone, and wallet. Each one in a different spot. 40 minutes left. You get into your brand new car, feeling proud because you worked hard to buy it on your own, and start on your way to the local coffee shop where you order a double expresso to go. And you're back on your way to the location.
30 minutes left. You park your car and sign in. Looking around at all the other girls, all beautiful in their own way, beginning to become intimidated by them. But you can't let it unnerve you. What seems like a life time has passed (really just 20 minutes) you all hear the dreaded, but well wanted, announcement. "Thank you all for coming! Auditions will begin now! We will begin calling you one by one in the order you're signed in. I'm Tiffany Lemonts, your director and friend!" Yeah right you think to your self, you've heard that before. But there's no time to dwell on the fakeness of Tiffany's welcoming voice, you need to go over the lines again because you're signed in 5th. Oh what you'd give to be that first person so you don't have to wait. But they've called the first girl back and you know the time will pass like a dull blade so you just focus on the lines.