Chapter 9

<Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you're employing so far, please keep letting me know what you think! I love reading comments >

I woke up and my room was still dark. I don't remember falling asleep. My phone was right next to me charging. I was in my pajamas which really threw me off. I held my phone close and looked at the time. It was 1:48 am. It had been 2 and a half weeks since I've talked to Trevor. I haven't been to the bar since he came home. I've just been home. Zack is on Trevor's side. Lucky on mine. I have talked to Lucky in a few days. It's just been me. We finished harvest. I've just stayed in my room.

I rolled over and by my alarm clock was a picture if Trevor and I. It was after he gave me my promise ring. I reached over and flipped it over. Out of sight out of mind. I grabbed my glasses. I could see Trevor's room light was on. I got up and peaked around the curtain. He was sitting on his bed with pictures everywhere. He looked over and I grabbed my white board. Our parents got us these white boards a long time ago since our windows face each other.

'Can't Sleep?'

He leaned back and grabbed his, 'Nope'

':('

He shrugged, I sat in my been bag chair and wrote back, 'What are you up to?'

He wrote back, 'Reliving old times with the girl I <3'

I looked at the Christmas lights in my room, it was Trevor's idea to start that but now they are always up. I sleep with them on. Now that it is a week and a half until Christmas it makes my room feel more festive.

I wrote, 'Why don't you come over?'

He looked shocked,'Ok?'

'Back door :)'

He smiled. He picked up his coat, shoes, phone and something else. I quietly went downstairs. I stood by the back door. He walked over.

He whispered, "Hey."

He quietly shut and locked the door. He turned back around and I hugged him. He was caught off guard at first. Then he wrapped his arms around me. He smelt really good. His hair was kind of damp from his shower.

He whispered in my ear, "Are we just going to stand here all night?"

I giggled , "Come on!"

I took his hand and we went upstairs. I really did miss Trevor. I really did want him back. I wanted to trust him. I wanted everything back we had. My heart told me to fling myself back at him but my brain said to run away fast. We got up to my room and I shut the door. He took off his grey Vans.

He said, "I hate nights when I can't sleep."

"Or when you can't fall back asleep."

I had my Christmas lights in only. The lights reflected off of his hazel blue eyes.

He said, "You went to bed pretty early and fell asleep. That's unlike you."

I shrugged, "I guess I'm just tired from harvest."

His hands found my hips. I smiled.

He whispered in my ear, "I'm sorry." I looked up at him, he continued, "For everything. I really am. I shouldn't have blamed you. I shouldn't have yelled at you."

A tear fell down my face, we were quiet for a few minutes. He hugged me tight.

"Don't cry RaeLynn. Don't cry. You're alright. Everything is alright. "

He kissed my forehead. I tilted my head up and kissed him on the lips. He was in shock at first and then it was like it hadn't been 4 years. His hand found his way to the back of my neck and his thumb stroking my face. He slowly step backwards until he got to my bed. He spun me around and nudged me to lay down on my bed. He followed ontop of me.

We broke apart for a second and Trevor said, "Why did I ever hurt you? I missed you so much."

A new light shown in my room. We looked over. Trevor's mom was in his room. He jumped up and stood where she couldn't see him. Rolled over and acted asleep. Trevor reached over and shut my curton. With this closed she couldn't see us. Trevor walked back over to me.

"If she finds out I'm dead."

I said, "If Dad finds out I'm dead."

For some reason our parents were both still really strict. Even though we are way past 18. It was beyond shocking he stayed a couple of weeks ago when his dad kicked him out for the night. The house phone rang, I said, "We're fucked."

Trevor kissed me again. I heard Dad get up.

He said, "Hello?"

I picked up the phone in my room, she said, "Do you know where Trevor is?"

Dad said, "I don't know Stephanie."

"Is RaeLynn there?"

Dad was walking, "Her truck is here so I'm going with yes. Why?"

Stephanie said, "Trevor is gone."

Dad said, "I'll check."

"Thanks."

I clicked the phone off and said, "We're dead."

Trevor held his arms out and said, "Come here. Act like you're crying."

I walked into Trevor's strong embrace. Dad was walking up the stairs.I buried my head in his shoulder.

He said, "Everything is ok Rae. Everything is ok. There is no need to cry."

Dad opened the door and said, "Trevor! Out!"

I held Trevor tighter, Trevor said, "RaeLynn isn't doing well right now."

"Because of you! Lucky told me what happened. Go home."

I turned around and said, "Dad! Leave me alone!"

Dad said, "Do you remember what happened the last time you stayed together. Trevor, I'm calling your mother."

"No! We are 22 years old!"

Dad walked out. Trevor said, "We are in so much trouble."

Dad yelled, "Down stairs! Now!"

He got on the phone. We sat on the couch. Trevor's parents came over. It was 3am.

Stephanie said, "I can not believe you 2! What even makes this seem ok?!"

Dad said, "You 2 should know better."

Trevor said, "We are 22. We are adults we can do whatever we want."

Trevor's Dad said, "Not under my roof! I'm better not under Bill's roof either!"

I rolled my eyes, Dad flipped, "Do not roll your eyes at me young lady!"

"It's not the first time! Or the second for that matter! This happened all the time! You guys thought Trevor went over here for breakfast but he spent the night. In my room. In my bed. Right next to me. "

Dad yelled, "I can't believe you! Behind my back! Trevor leave! Don't ever set one foot back in my house."

"Dad!"

"Shut up RaeLynn."

I got up and grabbed my keys. I put on boots and Trevor put on another pair and I said, "You can't stop us."

We got in my old truck and I fired it up. The sound of the diesel engine echoed in the cold still air. I leaned over and Trevor kissed me. I had backed into the driveway the night before. Dad came out with Trevor's parents and I gunned it. That sent smoke flying.

Trevor said, "Hit it baby."

My hand was on the shifter with his intertwined. He sat in the middle next to me and up the road we went.