Chapter 1

January 7, 1862

"Damon! Damon, help!" I cried, as I was trapped underneath my bike.

"Oh! Honey, are you alright!?!" He hollered with worry in his eyes.

"Brother! It hurts! My leg! Ahhhhh!" I whined.

Damon then lifted my bike up and carried me in the house. When he sat me down on the comfy couch, he ran in the other room to get mommy.

"Baby! Are you alright!?!" She asked.

"Mommy! My leg! It has a booboo." I cried. My leg was cut badly. Mommy looked at it, then looked over at Damon.

"Damon, will you go and get me the first aid kit???" Mommy asked, with a worried look in her eyes.

"Of course mother. Will Emily be alright?" Bubby asked.

"I hope so Damon." She replied to him as he left the room. When he came back, he carried some bandages and other stuff.

"Ok baby, this is going to hurt a little bit." She said, stroking my hair.

"Bubby, can I have a hug??" I asked.

"Of course little one." He said, coming over and holding me tight, as mommy covered the cut. I quickly started to cry, and Bubby hugged me tighter. Tears streamed down my face when mommy was finished, and Bubby was called out of the room. Daddy wanted to talk to him.

"I swear! I didn't take your money!" He yelled.

"Well, it couldn't have just got up and walked away, now could it." Daddy said.

"No father, but-" Bubby said.

"No buts." Daddy finished. That's when I heard Bubby yell. When he came back, he had another burn on his arm.

"Why did daddy burn you again?" I asked.

"I don't know baby. I really don't." He whispered, flinching from the pain at the same time.

☆Authors Note☆

Thank you all so much for reading! AHHHHHH! I am really proud of this book for getting to 102k reads. You guys don't know how happy that makes me!!!! Once again, thank you all so very much for reading, and don't forget to vote! I love you all so freaking much. 💙😊