1

Ivyana Daniels

Waiting on a sign, guess it's time for a different prayer

Interrupting Bryson's words, I heard Mama yelling. Here she was yelling for me to go to the store, like every other Sunday. Looking up from my all red suede Pumas, the sun glistened, kids ran and played in the street. Older women walked their ways from Mount Vista Missionary Baptist Church up the street, and the doe' boys hung around the neighborhood supermarket, Gazalles, waiting for any woman with big tits' and a fat ass to walk threw. It was 103 degrees, why the hell are they standing out looking like some damn owls.

I'm Ivy, known around school as Big Ivy, but I'm fine with that. They can talk all they want, as long as they know to keep them hands by their sides. Oakland High, possibly one of the worst, 845 population of students, from hoes to hood niggas. Mama couldn't afford for me to go to a private school up in Piedmont, so O'High it was. I like it, it's better to be around my own kind, then them boogie ass white kids and oreos.

Hearing the hard foot steps of Mama, slapping against the old wood that creaked with every slap. I knew she was gone talk this sweat off my forehead.

"Ivyana Rae, I'm not gone call ya' again. Here take this list and gone down to Gazalles, Ivy ya' better come back with everything from that list. Oh and take a bag, ya' know they charge now." Shoving the crinkled paper and Walmart bag into my sweaty palms, she stated before going back in to prepare the Sunday dinner.

"Mama why do I have to go, I went last time. Send Jody lazy as-self." Jody, my older cousin didn't do shit. He was a drug dealer or a "street pharmacist" as he likes to call it, which I'm still not understanding how Mama didn't find out yet. She don't allow that drug shit or no hoe shit, she would smack us down before that happen.

"He's down at the courts, Ivyana ya' better go and quit that back talk shit. See look done made me curse on God's day," she stated while walking walking back up the porch steps.

Inwardly groaning making my way down the porch, before she could come back with the wooden spoon. I loved Mama, but damn she can work a nerve. She always asking me to walk to this store, I hate this store. These niggas always got something slick to say. I mean some were cute, then others are just gross looking, I mean like Young Thug looking.

Walking down the street, I could feel eyes on me. In order to get into Gazalles, you had to walk into the parking lot or as I call it hood nigga central. Nervousness shot from my toes up to my ears, I could here the things being said.

"Ain't that Ivy, Jody lil' cousin?"

"That's his lil' cousin, she must drink a lot of milk." Fucking dead, that joke been out since I hit 8th grade.

"Man she a baby, she just turned 18 like last month."

"Nigga fuck you, she legal."

Looking over I seen a group of guys surrounding a candy red 2017 Mercedes G-Wagon, that's ya' girls dream car right there. I hope they didn't think I was looking at them, my eyes was fixed on that sexy thang they sitting on. Snapping out of my trance, I looked straight into the eyes of Dame. Now here's the doe' boy of all doe' boys. Damien had been a doe' boy since Jody was a doe' boy, and Jody was the true definition of a doe' boy. I don't even think they were doe' boys, more like leaders or kingpin. If you didn't know about Dame, then you wasn't from the East. He was a Honey-dip caramel complexion, straight white teeth, gold slugs at the bottom, a gold plated Jesus piece, dressed down in an all red dickie fit with the all white fazos. He must feel godly today, many would say he was that nigga, but he was just a nigga to me.

He stared never breaking contact, he let his eyes roam me. His bottom lip suddenly was sucked between his white teeth. Making my breath hitch a little, knowing that he was looking made butterflies go crazy inside. Slowly letting his juicy, fat bottom lip go, his thick tongue swiped it leaving it wet. His eyes rose from my broad hips, back into my brown eyes. Giving me a smirk, he raised his big hand, sending a wave my way. Not knowing how to control it, I blushed hard. I'm pretty sure my light cheeks were the color of red apples, damn my light-skin ass.

Walking into the store finally I looked back, seeing Dames wide broad smile still look into the direction of my behind. Gold slugs sure do a person justice.

Damien Carter

I can see straight through that girl like a window no blinds

Regular day in the Sem, kids playing, elders walking, doe-boys working. Sun shining bright bringing the hood alive, the summer ending letting everybody live the last days good. Sitting back watching my workers serve they rounds, collecting my cut before the night hit. Joking around with some of my niggas, but then I seen something different. I seen her hips swaying, her hair flowing, her ass jiggle with every step she took. The nervous look on her face let me know that we made her uncomfortable, hearing the lil'niggas talk about her. I knew who she was off back, baby girl Ivy.

I been wanting Ivy since she was 16, but knowing that she was Jody lil' cousin, I couldn't do it or her. She grown now tho, Jody couldn't tell her shit and I'm tired of waiting. Seeing her come out of Gazzalles, I made my way over to her.

Pulling up my trues from falling off my ass, I still held them by the belt out of habit. Her ass swayed and jiggle every step she took, I was in a trance. She was walking like she was in a rush, so I jogged over to her. Cutting in front of her, she frown.

"What ya' frowning for ? I can't talk to ya' for a little."

"Um, I have some where to be, it's hot and I'm pretty sure my grandmother is about to walk over here any minute." She live with her and Jody granny, Ms.Gale. She for surely about to come looking.

"I just wanted to help ya' with ya' bags. Ya' too beautiful and it's to hot to be carrying around some grocery bags." I stated cracking a smile, showing my bottom slugs making me smile bigger than normal.
Giving out a chuckle, she cracked that sexy smile I been wanting to see.

"It's just one bag Damien."

"Aaaah, so she smiles. Damn it's a beautiful one too," Looking up at me she blushed, letting out a laugh that could brighten up a crackhead who never got his fix day.

"So like I said Ms.Ivy, can I get that bag?" Staring up at me, she reluctantly handed over the bag with a look. A look I can't describe, but I knew that look did something to me.

~
New story ? Yeah ? Or Nah ? I like this one tho. Comment, vote, share the whole nine 💞