You're Mine

Prologue

“What do you mean it’s over?”

“I mean it’s over; as in over over. Were done okay, I just can’t do this anymore”

“But I thought you loved me”

“Don’t get your panties twisted in a knot Alli, I’ve never loved anyone. I’ve never loved you and I never will. You were just a piece of meat, a booty call, someone I needed to practice my techniques on.”

“But…what about all we shared? Didn’t you feel anything? Didn’t any of it mean anything to you?”

“Listen Alli, you know the type of guy I am. You knew the type of guy I was when you made that deal with me. I’m a jerk, you knew that, so why are you expecting all this lovey dovey shit from me? It’s over okay, and that’s final.”

“I can’t believe you’re doing this. You’re actually breaking up with me a week before prom?”

“Best believe it babe. Take care of yourself now. And please no tears please Alli, it makes you more unattractive than you already are.”

“Ricky…”

Standing in the middle of the hallway, Allison stood weak with wet cheeks as she watched the boy she gave her all strolling off to class. She had no friends. And she was an only child. So what would she do now when her world, her heart, her all, her one true love…just walked out of her life?

Chapter 1 – “First Impressions”

2 years later

As Allison walked into her dorm room she sighed and placed her bag on the ground. She was dressed in a black tight button-down blouse, a pink black and white plaid short skirt, black heels along with the necessities of eyeliner, mascara and eye shadow and her long brown hair cascading down her back. A short blond walked in and smiled wide. Allison raised an eyebrow.

“Hi, my name is Erika and I’d like to welcome you to Yale University”

“Thanks. But before we get to the ‘let’s be bffs’ part I want to put a few things across. I’m taking the bed to the corner, so move your shit, we’ll divide the room into two. You stay on your half I’ll stay on mine. Don’t ever touch my stuff and don’t ever interrupt me when I’m on my phone. Got that?”

Erika just stared at her with wide eyes for a sec then she nodded. Alli shook her head as she took out her time table and pasted it on the wall. First class, Literature. Oh great!

“So man, what’s on your agenda? Ready to settle down?” Luke asked as they unpacked their suitcases. Ricky laughed.

“Luke, you know me better than anyone else. I never settle down”

“So, no falling in love huh?”

“Me, fall in love, yea right. I don’t fall in love. I never do”

“But what about Allison, didn’t you love her?”

“Of course not and you know that. What we had was just based off that stupid deal. It was strictly physical nothing more.” Not even bothering to look at his friend’s expression, as he knew what it would be, he took out his time table and looked at it. First subject, Biology. He sighed.

*In Literature*

Alli sat quietly with her legs crossed listening to the teacher reading an extract from a Shakespeare play, taking down the little notes he gave. After having her head down for almost the entire time she was in the class she finally looked up at him. She froze and her mouth hung halfway open. He was drop dead gorgeous. He was tall, about 6ft 2”, very handsome and a little muscular as if he works out. He had wavy chocolate-brown hair, icy blue eyes, and totally kissable lips. He wore a blue button-down shirt that hugged his biceps perfectly, black pants and the usual gentleman shoes. His voice was deep and hypnotizing and he looked very sophisticated. A man of class. She looked at his hand and sighed. Of course he’d be married. A hot literature teacher of such a great university. Of course some lucky girl would have snatched him up already. Suddenly the bell rang and she sighed, taking up her books and heading out. She officially loved literature now.