Chapter 3-thats a friend?

Please vote and comment if you enjoy.
________________________________________

I stare at Liam, frozen. I stopped breathing and my world started spinning. I shut my eyes and took a deep breath. Breath. Breath. Breath.

"Y-you are a...?" I try repeating but u cant. It makes so sense. How? When? Why?

Fuck, I cant handle this.

I look to Austin and his expression mimics mine. Shocked and frozen.

"Are you okay?" Liam asks, his hand resting on my shoulder. I shrug him off and cover my face with my hands. 

"How the actual fuck?" I breath.

"Its a long story." he says, sitting down on top of the table. I would yell at him for that but my mind was too clogged right now.

"Well, make it short." I say, getting up and pacing the room. He turns in his chair so he can watch me. He nods and rubs his hands together.

I keep walking, not being able to stand still. "What I want to know if, how did you know where we were?" Austin finally speaks, coming out of shock. We handle shock in different ways, while I would speak and rumble on he would be lost in his thoughts or let his anger consume him.

I didnt think about that until Austin said it and then I realised how much the presence of these vampires affected me.

"Im waiting." I state and stand still. More and more questions popping into my head now that I have calmed down.

Liam sighs and looks at me with pleading eyes. He doesnt want to speak about this right now. But I want him to.

"I knew where you were for months now." he starts and I watched him carefully. "I have been waiting for you to start running out of food and come out of here so I could see you again."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Your a vampire, Liam. Im sure if you wanted to get in here you would have."

"True. Although, I figured no one would feel safe if I did that. And that door makes a hell load of noise. I didnt want to send everyone in a panic."

"Mhm." I nod quickly. "Why'd you come today?" I ask, and clear my throat, trying to keep the emotion out of my voice. "How did you even know we'd go out today?"

"I missed you two." he admits with a smile. "And I was told you were running low on food, so here I am."

Who told you? I wanted to ask but his actions distract me.

I shake my head and walk away from him. Liam stands up walks towards me. He takes me by my shoulders and spins me around to face him.

His touch sends shivers down my spine, but the way Austin's does. This is not Liam, not my Liam. This is a monster.

"Dont touch me!" I push him away from me. Austin stands up and walks towards us. The five bloodsuckers stood against the wall, their eyes alarmed.  They start moving towards us but Liam lifts his hand, telling them to stop and retreat.

"Its okay, Mel. I know you're scared and confused right now, but look at me, its still me- Liam" he says gently. I didnt realise my heart was pounding loudly until he spoke gently.

No, Liam. This is not you.

Austin taps Liam on his shoulder and shakes his head. I can calm myself down and Austin knows it. Dealing with one of my best friends being a vampire was not something I ever thought I'd have to do. I have never wanted anything to do with them. They are monsters. All of them. They killed my dad.