California dreaming

Ava Hensley is an average 15 year old girl from New York, the big apple. Her trip to California makes an unsuspected change.

'Beep Beep' I woke up to the sound of car horns echoing from the street, I turned over to check the time on my clock, it's 6:45am. I sigh heavily and decide to get ready for school, I walk out to the hall way to go to the bathroom, I heard the T.V coming from downstairs to signal that my parents were up. I come out of the bathroom feeling refreshed, I walk past my big brother Josh's room, he is clearly up and ready as he was playing his acoustic guitar, he was 17. I then walk past my big sister Natalie's room, she was up and ready too, blasting one direction songs, she was 18, I was the baby of the family. I get ready, I dreaded getting ready early in the morning, the only bright side was that my school was a non-uniform school. I tie my hair up in a messy bun, putting a bow in it to make it more presentable. I dab on make up here and there, I make my way downstairs and to the kitchen to see that Josh an Natalie were already there.

'Mmm, something smells good' I give my mom a quick hug and I kiss dad's cheek 'I'm making pancakes' mom adds as she Serves her homemade pancakes. Mom owned her own baking shop in 5th avenue, Sweet Surprise is it's name. I ate my pancakes with a cheery smile on my face, it's two weeks to summer, I couldn't wait.

'Ava' said Josh, Natalie was sniggering 'what?' I sigh 'Tottie what!' They both burst out laughing, the always messed with me 'Haha, very funny' I say sarcastically. We leave the house making our way the get the school bus, the sun was splitting the sky, the day couldn't of started off any better.