Prologue

My eyes shot open and I took a sharp breath. Where was I? Everything was pitch black but there seemed to be some sort of ground beneath my feet and there was rain coming from, well, what I assumed was the sky. I stood up and almost immediately fell back down, and looked down at my side. There was a deep wound in my stomach, and it was leaking with blood.
"Am I dead..?"
I wondered out loud. But then why does it hurt so much...

A soft laugh echoed around the silence and I twisted my head in the direction of the noise.

"Whoever is hiding better come out otherwise I'm gonna punch you in the face!"

I threatened. A crimson figure walked slowly out of the shadows and I groaned internally
~Greaaaaat it's that red-headed idiot~
She grinned and held out his hand
"hello~ my name is.."
he stopped as I cut her off
"-Grell Sutcliff, yeah yeah, I know, just get me out of here"
She frowned and handed me an axe-like weapon. My eyes widened and I grinned widely,
"don't tell I'm a Shinigami now!"
She looked shocked and nodded
"yes, how did you know? Oh my, my dear Bassy must have told you☆~"
she blathered on. ~Bassy? Oh, she must mean.....Sebastian~ I felt a slight tug in my heart, or what was left of it... I sighed sadly and a few tears trickled down my cheeks. I just gotta move on.
"Come on Grell, let's just go"
I called irritably. She stopped talking and pulled me to my feet.

"Hm, we might have to get you some new clothes....those are a bit.."
"Ripped? Yeah I know, I just died what do you expect?"

She tutted at my sarcasm and lifted me up before I could say anything, there was a blinding flash of light and I blacked out my last thoughts before I completely lost consciousness were
~oh joy, stuck with Grell, what could possibly go wrong?~