A Slender Touch

"Hello?" Jimmy shouted into the forest as he heard the snapping sticks around him. "Who's there?" He felt something....tall was looming over him. He turned around with flashlight in hand. There was nothing. "Is anyone there?". He backed up looking in every direction trying to find any sign of life. Jimmy walked too far and bumped into a tree. He turned around again, and looked up. "Wha....what....are....you"

"Jimmy Garcia, a 14 year old boy, has been missing for 3 weeks. There was no trace of his disappearance. He didn't leave any evidence or message before he disappeared. The police have called off all searches for him. If you see Jimmy Garcia, please call 9-1-1 and report him found. Thank you. I'm Christina Burkley. Good night" Joseph clicked off the tube. He didn't want to hear about his brother's disappearance anymore. His family was devastated. What had Jimmy gotten himself into? The phone rang and was quickly answered by mom. "Hello!?! Oh. Hi Martha. No I haven't heard anything from the police. Yes. Jimmy is still missing" I heard from the kitchen as my mother's voice became shaky and filled with pain. "Thank you. Have a nice day" My mother hung up the phone and started weeping. "It's going to be ok Julia. Everything is going to be just fine." My father said trying to comfort my mother. "Our son might be dead Daniel. How can you be so calm?" I didn't want to hear this again. I went up to my room and started listening to my music. Even through my skull candies, I could still hear them yelling. I fell asleep to the sound of my parents fighting and Escape The Fate.

"Where am I? Why am I in the woods? What is that? Wait....Jimmy? JIMMY!!!!" "Help Joe! Help!!" I'm coming Jimmy! Just hold on!" I ran further into the woods listening for his voice. "Jimmy? Where are you? Jimmy!" I turned to find a man. A very tall man. Just standing there. When I looked up to see what he looked like...there was...nothing. No mouth, no nose, no ears. And no eyes. He was...skinny....to skinny to be human....and he wore a black suit. What was this thing? I turned to run but something stopped me. It wasn't a hand, but it felt like a snake was grabbing my shoulder. I looked to see what grabbed me. It was a tentacle. What was happening to me? I looked at this thing's face again. My vision started to get static like. "AAAAH!!" "Uh" escaped my mouth as I sat upright in bed. All that? Was just a dream? Is my brother in the woods somewhere? Is that where I need to start looking? And most importantly....what was that thing?

"I'll be back guys. I'm going out." Ever since Jimmy, their baby, went missing, they didn't  care what I did. Not that they cared about anything I did before his disappearance. I walked out of the house with a flashlight and a knife in my bag. I didn't know how late I was going to be out, and I didn't want to be defenseless if I did run into something. The woods were about 10 minutes away from our house, and knowing Jimmy, he probably ran in there late one night when all of us were sleeping. I entered a mouth in the woods. Trees towered over me as if I was an ant in a city. Every where I looked, I saw nothing but trees, brush, and loneliness. There were no animals, no bugs, no nothing. I kept walking along and found something strange. A note. " 'Don't look or it takes you', what the hell does that mean?" I took it with me. Maybe it was a message from Jimmy. I kept looking. And the more I looked, the more notes I found. All of them getting more stranger than the last. 'Leave me alone, Always watches No eyes, Help Me'. Pictures drawn of something that was similar to...that thing. The sun was going down. It would be dark soon. If Jimmy was here, I needed to find him fast. "Jimmy! Are you here? Jimmy!!"

The sun set. Light was gone. The only light I saw were the rays of moonlight shining through the trees. Even with that, it wasn't enough for me to see. I pulled out my flashlight and started looking around. I kept finding more pages. Maybe if I found all of them, they would lead me to Jimmy. I had 7 pages so far. But God, who knows how many pages there could be. I came across a tree, that was different. It wasn't the same as the other trees. And I found another note on it. It had a picture on it. It was a face, with an x through it. What did all this mean? I started hearing movement. I turned around, but there was nothing. "Who's there? Jimmy? Is that you? Show yourself!" Nothing. No signs of life anywhere. It didn't matter. I had to keep looking for Jimmy. He needed me. I turned to keep searching for my brother, and my dream became a reality. A tall, pale, skinny man stood before me. I looked up to see his face, and like my dream, there was nothing. "YOU!! WHERE IS MY BROTHER!?! WHERE IS HE!?!?" He just stood there. He didn't speak, he didn't move, he just stood there...looking at me. I pulled out my knife. "WHERE IS JIMMY!?! I KNOW YOU KNOW WHERE HE IS!! I KNOW YOU'RE BEHIND HIS DISAPPEARANCE! WHERE IS HE!?!" Again, he just stood there. "IF YOU DONT TELL ME WHERE HE IS, I WILL KILL YOU!!!" Nothing.