Chapter 4

"Ohayyyoooouu~ "

The sun is already up when I woke up, later than my usual wake up time.

It must have been because they have slept late.

'what's with the Japanese greeting? anyway, come come,  sit at the chair next to me and let's eat now" Appa Kwon said as he saw Sooyoung walking towards the dining table. 

Weird, wait.. is he wearing an apron?

"eeh?? erm.. Appa Kwon, did you cook the food? it's kinda weird to see you wearing an apron" Sooyoung asked, a little bit surprised and bemused. 

"erm.well" Appa Kwon seemed to be at loss for words.

"naaaa~ I woke up then saw him getting ready to cook, but appa seems lost so I offered to help him cook, well.. in the end, I still did all the work" Yuri answered as soon as she went out of the kitchen.

"oohh.. but I really thought I could cook some.. for a change" 

'ohh. nevermind that, come come, let's eat now, before the food gets cold, itadakimasu!' Yuri started,

'erm.. what's with the japanese words coming out of your mouths today?" asked appa kwon,

'oh.. I dunno, it just came out like that' Yuri answered while pouting. 

After finishing their breakfast and getting ready for school, Appa Kwon called the two for a quick meeting.

"Sooo, here goes. we finally got a lead on... the Choi's murder case..." he started, then worriedly looked at Sooyoung, her heart suddenly started beating fast and she felt a pang of pain at the mention of her family name. Still, she tried to keep a straight face while listening to Appa Kwon.

"While I was travelling, I came to meet one of our retired intels, Mr. Kim Ilsam. He gave me a person's name, who might be the key to your parents' murder. Well, he didn't delve into much details , just the name". 

"Just ? Just the name?I mean. That's all? I thought it was something big? you told us yesterday? " Sooyoung agitatedly asked.

"Sweetie. It was big alright? for the past few years, we are clueless on where to start with the case, now here's the chance, just one name but still a start to  investigating your parents' murder. I'm sorry. But that is really all there is." Appa Kwon looked at Sooyoung, apologetically. 

"mianhe." as Sooyoung bowed her head in apology. Yeah, for how many years, this is the first time that we really got a lead on my parents murder case.

"that's fine. oh anyways.. I think you guys are taking your vacation too long now.. how about a new assignment? " Appa Kwon suddenly told the two, beaming, then he continued.

"You see, I want you to personally take care of this case, the both of you , without any help from our group. By that, both of you will handle the case itself, without any interference from me or from our group. Is that clear?" He beamed at them again. 

"eeehhh?, Appa! Are you serious? Though it's already decided that both of us will become the future leaders of Dante, don't you think it's still early to just shove us the assignment without any help from the group? We're still technically rookies right? And besides" Yuri then glanced at Sooyoung with a concerned look, " besides, this case is far too important for Sooyoung. You know that!" Yuri looked at her father, raising one eyebrow. 

"That's why you guys are the perfect agents for this assignment. I don't think you'd think lightly of this because it's just too important". Appa Kwon answered with finality. With the tone of his voice, the two already knew that what he said is already final and he's really serious about it.