Chapter 1: Set The Stage

Title-Reliving My Childhood

Author-DanceNova101

Summary-Best friends Stella and Grace are feeling down after their other friends point out their irrational 'immaturity'. But what happens when the friends are sucked into the fantasy lands of their childhoods?

Your guess is as good as mine!

A/N. Hey guys! I'm DanceNova101 and this is my first story-Reliving my childhood. I hope you like it! By the way, I own none of the fairytales that may be mentioned in this story!

Chapter One-Set The Stage

The auditorium was filled with many half-asleep children as an assembly was taking place at Hillwood High School.

The principal droned out a list of reminders and 'life lessons' to the student body, unaware of their inattentive states.

"And to conclude, we will be presenting a performance of Cinderella later this term. You can find the sign-up sheets outside the office-"

The bell for break time rang and the principal was cut off by the exclamations of joy from the attending students.

"YOU ARE NOW DISMISSED!" the principal yelled over the voices of the children rushing outside.

~x~

Two girls ran out of the dreary auditorium, headed toward the school's office.

These girls were called Grace and Stella, and were the best of friends. Both were excited about the upcoming performance.

The sunshine beat down on their happy faces as birds sang in the trees-

"Where are you two going in such a hurry?"

A few girls from their class walked up to Grace and Stella, who skidded to a stop.

"We were going to sign up for the concert," panted Stella, "Do you wanna come too?"

One of the girls snorted in disgust. "You're signing up for that? Oh, how immature!"

The other girls giggled.

Grace and Stella frowned. "Why is it so

immature?" queried Grace.

"Only because it's a fairytale! Don't you think you've outgrown those?"

The girls laughed as they walked away, leaving Stella and Grace upset and confused.

~x~

The school day had finally ended, and Stella and Grace were walking home. Stella kicked at a rock sitting on the footpath.

"Immature! How can they call us immature! They're even worse-they... they're just big babies!"

Grace sighed and looked at her sneakers.

Maybe they were immature. After all, they never wanted to talk about the things that other girls talked about-like clothes, shopping or boys.

Suddenly, she saw a bright, flashing light out the side of her glasses. She looked over to see a bluish light coming from inside a large bush. She interrupted Stella's ranting.

"Hey Stella, do you know what that is?"

Stella and Grace walked cautiously up to the bush. Stella gently pushed the leaves away...

To reveal a rock.

The rock appeared to be a spherical shape with an hourglass shape molded on one side. It was a very strange rock, but there was no blue glow.

The pair looked behind and around the bush with no avail. They looked at the rock in the bush again.

"This looks pretty important," commented Stella, "I wonder what it does."

She casually bent down and picked up the rock. The rock began to glow a familiar shade of blue.

"Stella, what did you do?"

"NOTHING!"

There was an abrupt blue flash that enveloped the two, and if anyone had been there to see them discover the strange rock, they would have looked back to find the two girls had disappeared.