Chapter 2: Let Down Your-Wait, What?

I think this is how you do a chapter... I'm still new to this.

Thanks to my pals Ailish and Natasha for being awesome! Now...

ON WITH THE STORY!

Chapter 2-Let Down Your-Wait, What?

Grace opened her eyes slowly to find that she was in a grassy clearing. She rubbed her eyes and looked around for Stella. Unfortunately, Stella wasn't there.

"Stella! Where are you!" Grace called. She heard a shriek from outside the clearing.

"HEY! DO I LOOK LIKE RAPUNZEL OR SOMETHING!"

Grace ran to the voice to find herself next a finely-dressed man. They were standing at the foot of a tall, stone tower. Stella was dangling out of a small window near the top.

"WHY WOULD I LET DOWN MY HAIR ANYWAYS? YOU'D JUST TRY TO CLIMB UP IT!"

Grace called up to her aggravated friend, but Stella was too busy yelling. Grace asked the strange man what was going on.

"Well, I asked her to let down her hair and she went off at me!"

Grace sighed.

~x~

After a lot of yelling, Grace borrowed a pick from the man (who she realized must be Rapunzel's prince) and climbed up the tall tower. (Note: Yes, this would be impossible, but this story is set in fairytale land.) She swung into the window of the tower.

"Stella, what's-whoa."

Stella's shiny blond hair, which had previously only been halfway down her back, was now draped around various objects around the room to keep it off the floor. Even so, there was a massive pile of hair by Stella's feet. She kicked it carelessly out of the way as she dragged Grace over to a large mirror.

"Look at my hair!" she wailed.

Grace picked up a couple of the blond strands, admiring the golden sheen.

"It's so pretty," she whispered. Stella heard the compliment and let out a loud, annoyed huff.

"Pretty? It's so annoyi-"

She was cut off by the sound of the prince running away and someone walking up a flight of stairs inside the tower.

"Rapunzel? Are you there?"

Yes, she was. Sort of.

The two girls fell silent as they realized Rapunzel's 'mother' was coming up to the room in the tower. They looked at each other in horror. Luckily, Stella had a brilliant, fantastic idea!

Actually, it wasn't brilliant or fantastic. But it was an idea, and beggars can't be choosers.

"Go go go!" Stella whisper-yelled as she tied a loop knot in her luscious mane. She swung it over her head like a lasso multiple times before throwing it out the window. The hair-lasso caught on a branch from one of the neighboring trees. Stella grabbed Grace and jumped out the window, swinging on their rope of hair and landing in the branches of the tree just as Momma Rapunzel waltzed into the tower's room. Shocked when she realized Rapunzel wasn't there, she ran down to the bottom of the tower and dashed out into the forest in a random direction.

With this, the branch Grace and Stella were sitting on promptly snapped. They fell to the hard ground.

"OW!"