Selfish

Prologue 

“When will I get to see you again love?”  Deliah said biting her lip while she dragged her finger across my chest.  I smirked down at her and kissed her forehead. “Soon baby, I’m just flying for the summer to my mom’s” As much as I hated to leave Deliah here in Australia, I love Dominican Republic and the plus side to all of this was finally seeing my mom after a whole year of pure mess. Things haven’t been going my way lately. Dad lost his job, my step mother left the house and Deliah and I have been fighting for the past two months. I never liked this whole ‘tying myself down to one girl’ thing. I’m a many girls man; I love all those girls that rain on me. I know back in Dominican Republic I can find some entertainment, but also, somehow Deliah is my type of girl. Something about her hasn’t made me call the quits although my mother sees her like a trashy whore just dangling by my side because of my good looks.

I roll my eyes at the thought of my mom ever seeing Deliah again as I watch her speed away in her luxurious sports car.  I head back inside and continue packing all of my things. Thanks to my mother’s crazy idea to go visit her friend in England I now have to take two different bags because I know days in England might get chilly and to be honest, the last thing I want to get is sick because you don’t get many bitches while being sick.

“You ready Sebastian?” Dad asked approaching my bedroom door. “Almost done, I’ll be down in five minutes” My dad nodded and walked downstairs. It is already dark outside and my flight is in just 3 hours but even though I was already ready, I needed to relax somehow. Airplanes aren’t my things and tonight I am stuck in one for 20 hours.  Taking a big gulp of my Jack Daniels, I grab my sweater and roll my luggage downstairs.  Dad puts my entire luggage in the trunk of the SUV, while I take another full gulp of my Jack Daniels.

“Ready?” Dad asks but I don’t say a word.  This trip not only makes me think of what’s coming ahead but also what’s going to happen after. Even though I’m 20 and capable to decide where I want to be… I just can’t. Both of my parents are going through a lot of shit, and both need me in a way I still can’t comprehend but it’s not like I can be in two places. Now that my dad lost his job, his wife, and the custody of my step sister Margaret, he’s been in a state of depression for a long time.  My mother in the other hand is better than he is.  My mother suffers from bipolarity and she’s constantly on many drugs to keep her stable. Not to mention, her bipolarity has cost her a lot in life and the drugs have many side effects. 

They both need me but who needs me most?

The car comes to a stop and I am rapidly out of the car slamming the door. “You okay son? You didn’t say anything during the car ride.” My dad asks clearly concerned. “Don’t worry dad, I’ve just got too many things racing on my mind right now.” I say rubbing my eyes trying to adjust to the airports bright lights. Dad takes all of my things from the trunk and waits for me to get check.  Once everything is weighed and my ticket is handed, I swing my book bag on and walk towards my father.  By the way he’s pressing his lips together I know he’s trying hard not to cry. Not because I’m leaving but because I am not even sure if I’ll come back after my summer.  He pulls me in for a tight hug and all I can do is pat his back. “Have a good flight Sebastian” He murmurs while loosening his grip on me. “Thank you Dad. Don’t worry I’ll call” I say giving him a small smile. He returns it with a sad one.

“Don’t have too much fun without me” I smirk while walking away. He smirks and raises an eyebrow.

“Maybe I won’t” He smiles and gives me one last look before heading back to the SUV.

I get the whole metal detector procedure crap done and impatiently way for my flight to be called but minutes seem like years. I order a coffee with double the caffeine and gulp it down in a split second.  I notice a few girls looking over at me and giggling and I can’t help but smirk at them. They all laugh and started heading my way but suddenly my flight was being called. I roll my eyes in frustration and wink at the girls as I headed towards gate 4.  

After buckling my seat belt the airplane takes off. I take one last glance at Australia through the skies.

‘This will just be for a few months’ I convince myself.

‘He will be alright without me’ I continue.

“He’ll be alright…” I murmur.

 ~*~*~*~~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~~**~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~

Summer is finally here and I decided to write a new story!!! :D All my other stories kinda slipped outta my hands but that doesn't mean I wont continue those stories. Anyways, this is a small intro to this new story Selfish. I've decided to incorporate pictures of the most important things you should know in order for you my dear reader to get a better image while reading the story. Soo without further ado, I present youu my story Selfish. <3

That guy right over there is Sebastian ----------------------------->