Verse 1

As you will find out my life is very much like a song and each day is like a new verse waiting to be sung. We'll start with verse 1 19th October 1998 my birth day and the day of which the life I lead depends on.

I was about 2 hours old when my mum first told me about my dad. She said he had gone off to the army just after my mum fond out that she was pregnant and she hasn't heard anything from him since. She thought by now he must be dead as he was meant to return from action last week just before I was born. She sat in the hospital with me in her arm for the rest of that day explaining all about him. The only time she put me down was to eat but after every mouthful she would carry on talking.

That was the only time she talked about him and I have never found out any more about him since in the last 14 years.

*****

That's when I first saw my step-dad. His name was Stephen which was my dads name so at first I always thought he was my real dad until at the age of 3 when I was at nursery and I got a message telling me that my step-dad was in main reception waiting for me to take me to the dentist.

When I was at the dentist, my dentist told me all about my mum when she was little as she had been my mums best friend from being small. She told me that my dad was the first time my mum had been truly in love. My step-dad didn't mind this after all he knew what type of situation I was in. The only problem was this is was the only thing that the dentist told me.

Was there something I was missing? Something I wasn't meant to know? What was the big secret about my dad no one was willing to share?...