Unfortunate Fire

'Rinnnng'
I looked up from my papers" that's my Que." I stand up from my desk and handed the paper to Coach Lanham, packed my bag and walked out of the school. Oh, I was so glad I didn't have to take athletics in this school, like all the others I've been to, it was required to be in athletics, so I've moved 14 times in the past year, just so I could be without athletics. I traveled alone, besides my younger brother, Jonathan. He was only a year younger than me and I bumped him up a grade so he could be with me. He was indeed a smart kid, he just didn't know it. I looked around. Huh. Odd. He usually meets me here.... I thought " oh.." I muttered quietly" I forgot.. He's going to Colton's house today." I sighed and walked towards my home " it's good... He needs some friends" I pulled the house key out of my pocket and unlocked the door, stepping inside and locking the door back.

> TIME SKIP BROUGHT BY BORING HIGH SCHOOL HOMEWORK<

I woke to the sound of a loud bang like an explosion followed by shattering of glass and car alarms. I got up, still dressed minus my coat and I ran outside  to see what was going on. The house across the street was on fire, and it was a big one. I looked around and some if the other people already had called the police and fire department. I was about to go back in my house when I heard the screams of a child, and I quickly grabbed my coat off the couch, running across the street while putting it on. I tried to open the door with the handle but I ended up burning myself, so I tried to kick the door in while people watched in fear of the flames. I finally kicked the door down and ran in, keeping my face covered with my elbow as I looked around in the Smaug. I crouched down shouting, "I'm coming to get you, I need you to keep talking to me!" And I heard a loud wailing from upstairs. I quickly walked up them and coughed a little, my eyes stinging from the smoke. "Where are you?! "I called out again and a voice came from a closed door. I kicked that door down too, and rushed inside, looking around, and I saw no one, I looked under the bed and no one was there" kid, come out, I'm here to help" and I looked in the closet and a small boy rushed out and hugged me, crying."I hugged back, hushing him" It's ok, it's ok, I'm going to get you out of thi-" I was cut off by a loud cracking and a part of the wooden support beams crashing down in front of the door, the only way out from here, because the window was already blocked. The kid freaked out even more. I frantically glanced around for some sort ofthing that could help them, he saw buulding blocks and construction toys, which gave him an idea. "Hey, let's play a game..." I looked at the kid and he nodded."Ok, um.. let's play Escape. This game is all about thought skills, the main rule is contemplate a way to get out of this room, and not to touch the fire, ok go." I said as I heard the boy close. He was no more than 10 and he was shaking pretty bad. I was hoping this game would take his mind off the fact that his house was burning down around him and there was a very slim chance of us getting out alive. Ok, think. A way to get out... a way to get out....
I began to look around the room for anything useful.
Nothing in there could be used safely. All of it was boy stuff, Lego's toy cars,a study desk, with small legs. A normal small wooden bed. I sighed in defeat.." Alright... you got anything?" I looked at the little boy. He shook his head, tears swelling in his eyes" Hey hey.. it's okay.. we'll get out..what's your name?.." I asked him softly. He muffled a response" I'm.. Ethan.." he coughed." That's a good name for a handsome little boy. Okay.. we're gonna get you out so you can live a good long life.. you'll make lost of friends.."The little boy nodded" what's your name though...?" Ethan asked as he tilted his head" My name's-" I got  cut off by the roof starting to crumble and I leaned over the boy, shielding him from the smoldering pieces."Neo.."I finished, dusting off my coat.
I looked around again and noticed the  rubble looked unstable. I tried to kick it down like I did to the door and nothing happened. " stay close behind me." I said to Ethan as I got ready to shoulder-ram into it. I got a good 3 yard head start and rammed full force into the wooden rubble, damaging my  shoulder and burning my arm, but taking it down. Ethan ran out of his room and outside. I quickly jogged after him and heard more creaking. When we were almost outside i hears the ceiling aboveus crackled loudly, and before i knew it, the ceiling was faking. I lunged forward and shoved the kid out of the door, leaving myself trapped under the rubble. I felt the world around me go black, and somewhere during this time, the weight being lifted off, I was now noticing the sound of sirens through the crashes and ringing in my ears from the adrenaline and loud noises.