Hell

"Tell me, Dean. Do you believe in Angels?" Alistair sneers at me, tearing another piece of my own flesh and bone from my body.

          "Not particularly." I grunt through my teeth, trying not to give into the pain.

          "Well, today is your lucky day! See, I am an angel. Well of sorts. I have brought you an offer. I'll let you off the hook, and stop torturing you. Under one condition. You begin the torturing of other souls yourself." He smiles when my expression changes from anger to wonder. Could I do that? No. No matter how much pain he puts me through, I could never do that to another soul.

          "Never." He tears into me again. Ripping out a rib here, yanking out a nail there. Every square inch of my body begs to be let go. Put to rest, but I can't. I sold my soul, and now here I am. Paying for the consequences of my actions. All I wanted was my little brother back. Little Sammy.

          My body has nothing left. There is nothing left to tear away. Alistair leaves without another word. My whole world is agony. Never ending agony. 

__________________________________________________________________

          "I'm baaaaack!" Alistair saunters into the room. His tools at the ready. My skin is itching. I long to scratch it, but of course I can't. My hands and feet are shackled as usual. How come, every time my body reforms, it decides to lock itself back up. 

          "Now, before we even get started today, I'll offer again. Step down from being the tortured, and step up to becoming the torturer. Your choice really, you've been picking no for the past 30 years, time for a change yet?"

          "Has it really been that long?" I ask, just glad he's taking his time today. I wince remember the day when there wasn't so much chatter. Just the offer and the resounding no.

          "Oh of course. Time in hell, sure does fly. So what'll it be. Tortured or Torture." He smirks, twirling a knife around and around, faster than humanly possible, but then again, he isn't human.

          "I can't." I deny again, tired of being tortured but the thought of torturing was so much worse. His hand lashes out, and I hear metal sinking through flesh. I feel my heart stutter, and then come to a stop. Doesn't make a difference really, when you're already dead, but it still hurts like a son of a bitch. I look down to see the knife sticking out of my chest, deep red blood blossoming from around the hilt. The sight is horrifying, seeing something that could kill you while you were human, only make you bleed while you're dead. Nothing can kill you once you're already dead. 

          "Any second thoughts?" He asks, a smirk on his face, I see his fingers twitch out of the corner of my eye. I shake my head. He slits my throat, but I live on, in pain and agony. Never ending. He slices my wrists open, making my body bleed out while I watch the blood run down my limbs, pouring from the open wounds. I feel nothing but pain, and emptiness. 

          "I'm going to ask you one more time. Would you like to take the offer?" Something inside me snaps. I can't feel anything anymore, all I can feel is my skin closing, tightening, sewing itself shut. My stomach is empty. My mind clears and I look at him. I smile.

          "I'll take the deal." I say, my voice returning as my throat heals quickly. Alistair smiles a crooked smile. 

          "Welcome to the team, boy. You'll be great help." He unchains me, and pats me on the back. I feel nothing towards him. Nothing from him. I cannot feel anymore. Maybe torturing other won't be so bad. I'll be in control for once. I'll have a say in when it hurts. I'll control where the blood comes from and when. 

          I won't be weak anymore.