iv.

04 | BELIEVE IT OR DON'T

"I'm High King Peter – the Magnificent," Peter announced.

Caroline blinked, "I don't believe you. The kings and queens are a story,".

"Caroline, stop. You need to start realising that this is real," Caspian warned, before turning to the high king, "You're younger than I expected,".

"Well, if you'd like we can come back in a few years," Peter said.

"No, you're just not what we expected," Caspian interjected, glancing at Susan.

Edmund raised a skeptical eyebrow,  "Neither are you,".

Caroline sighed, "I'm going to try and understand this but meanwhile there's a war beginning. We prepared an army – there are weapons and a not so good strategy but we're working on that,"

Peter chuckled, "At least some of us can handle themselves, and handle the others,".

Reepicheep stepped forward, "We've been awaiting your arrival my liege, our heights and swords are at your service,".

"He's so cute," Lucy whispered.

"Who said that?" Reepicheep exclaimed, withdrawing his sword.

"Sorry," Lucy mumbled.

"Don't scare the poor thing, Itsy Bitsy. You'll give the poor girl a heart attack," Caroline said.

"Oh, uh, your majesty. With the greatest respects, I do believe courageous, courteous or chivalrous, more suit a knight of Narnia," Reepicheep suggested, "The princess hasn't taken that into account,".

"Now, back to the whole – there's a war problem," Caroline reminded.

"We're going to need every sword we can get," Peter replied, "And you mentioned an army, are there more of you?".

"Back at the Howe. We've been searching for you," Caspian answered.

♞♞♞

It wasn't a long trip back to the Howe, the army spread out into groups along a single line. Caroline was having a hard time believing the events that just occurred. They're actually real, she kept repeating.

The Howe came into view, the centaurs standing near the entrance, in a single line on both sides, with their swords raised above their heads. It was a welcome ceremony. It was gorgeous in the opinion of the princess. Caroline stopped, allowing the kings and queens to enter first before following behind them. She started walking towards the armoury, standing by Caspian and telling him to show them the stone table and carvings.