Callaghan's Visitor

AT SAN THE FRANSOKYO PRISON:

The guard knocked on the cell door, causing Professor Callaghan to jump.

"Let's go, you have a visitor." The guard said, unlocking the door and handcuffing him.

"A visitor?" Callaghan asked. "Who?"

He racked his brains. His daughter said she would visit on Sunday, but today was not Sunday. He couldn't think of anyone else who would visit him.

"You'll see." The guard answered, leading him to the visitor room.

The visitor room was a simple room with a metal table and some chairs. There was a man in a suit seated at the table. He got up and approached Callaghan.

"Dr. Callaghan?" He asked in a professional tone.

Callaghan nodded. "That's me." He said. He was sure that he didn't know this man.

The man shook hands with him. "James Brewer, Federal Bureau of Investigation. Pleased to meet you."

Callaghan shook his hand nervously. What had he done to attract the attention of the FBI?

Agent Brewer looked at the guard. "Are those handcuffs really necessary? Please remove them, he is no threat."

The guard nodded and removed the handcuffs, then left the room.

Callaghan was confused. He may be new to prison, but he knew for a fact that there was always supposed to be a guard in the visitor room, and that prisoners were to be cuffed during visitations.

Agent Brewer sat down, smoothing his suit. He looked up at Callaghan. "Please, sit." He said, motioning to the chair across from him.

Callaghan sat down, still uneasy.

Agent Brewer started shuffling some papers. "I've asked them to shut off the recorders in this room, I find that they are rather unhelpful in these circumstances." He said.

Callaghan sat forward. "In these circumstances?" He asked. "What do you mean?"

Agent Brewer paused and looked at Callaghan. "Oh, nothing serious." He answered, waving his arm as if to dismiss the notion. "I would just like to ask you a few questions is all."

"Now, the way we operate in situations like this is different from what you might be used to." He continued, organizing some more papers. "It is done completely off the books, so absolutely nothing you say can, nor will, be used against you in a court of law. In short," he said, pointing to himself, then to Callaghan. "I was never here, and you were never here. Got it?"

"Got it." Callaghan answered.

Agent Brewer nodded. "Okay, good. Now with those formalities out of the way, we can begin." He said.

He sighed and looked at Callaghan. "Dr. Callaghan, you have never once applied for parole, have you?"

Callaghan nodded. "That is correct."

"Why not?" Asked Agent Brewer. "You've very much qualified for it."

Callaghan sighed. This wasn't the first time he had been asked.

"Because... I truly feel sorry for what I did." He answered. "I did a very terrible thing, and I need to face the consequences for my actions."

He looked at Agent Brewer. He looked surprised.

"Well, that is an answer I did not expect." Agent Brewer said, leaning back. "But it is a very reasonable one."

He leaned forward again. "Now let's cut to the chase. What is your relation to the Big Hero 6?"