Chapter one: the battle

The battle

{3 years later}

(Eric's POV)

I slashed my sword killing the knight that was trying to get in the kingdom. He slashed and my helmet came off and my black hair flew out.

"You're a girl!"He announced. I kilt him before he could say anything else.

Over the past years The captain died of old age and I am now the captain here. Princess Kayla died from a sickness and they still haven't found Gavin a bride.

"VICTORY!"Leon yells, after I kilt the last rivaling knight. "Today our kingdom feasts!"

"Another victory with Eric!"Joe yells with excitement.

We all hop on our horses and ride back to the kingdom. The prince is probably pacing around his room but he looks out and sees me before he runs out. We enter the throne room and bow. The door opens and Gavin comes out and hugs me.

"Prince Gavin?"I ask. He looks up at me. "Is something wrong?"

"Oops sorry."He says. He backs away from me. "I guess I have missed you alot."

"I will be back in a few hours."I say. I run up to my room and get a pair of blacksmith pants and a white shirt. I rush out the castle before anyone can see me.

I run to a far off little waterfall where I bathe at. I take off my armor revealing me in a short sleeved top and shorts. I take those off and go under the waterfall, getting my hair wet.

After a few minutes I got out and got dressed. I ran back to the castle with my armor in my hand. Right when I step in The prince rushes over to me.

"Hello-"i say.

"Help me! They found another princess for me to marry and she is some 11year old!"He says. I freeze in my tracks. "Oh uh sorry bout that go on Malady!"

I eye him as i walk away and trip.

"Ow.."I say. My bum hurts. The prince helps me to my feet. "Thanks. Bye!"

I run up to my room and my stuff is outside my door. The queen was strolling down the hall.

"Um excuse me, why is my stuff outside my room?"I ask her.

"Because you are taking up to much room in the castle and we need you out."She says.

"But your highness! I'm the prince's guard and The Captain to the knights."I say.

"So what now get out!"She roars. I drop my armor after getting all my weapons.

"Bye Jennifer "I call to her as I run out. I called her by her first name.

"FIND THAT GIRL AND KILL HER!"She yells. I'm already out of the castle and running.

I run and run until I am out of breath and decided to take camp. The only reason I'm not hungry is because I have gone one week with out food. I find some blackberries and eat them. Rustle of bushes are near. I roll under a bush.

"I can't believe my mum would do that to Eric!"Someone was crying. It was Gavin. "Felix, hunting is the only thing that will take this off my mind." He and his friend continued walking but both then tripped over me.

"Ow..."I say under my breath. That's going to leave a mark!

"What was that?"His friend Felix asked. He moved the bushes from on top of me. "Gavin! It's Eric!"

I shot up and bolt away through the trees like lightning.

"Come back Eric!"I hear Gavin yell. Not a chance boy. I keep running, well jumping from tree top to tree top.