A Battle in the Makings

I was running down the hallways of Hogwarts, the stairs turning and looping, but I keep running until I have no clue where I have ended up. Nobody is here with me and I put my back against the wall and slide down.

Tears run down my face. There are steps coming up to me. I hear two people giggling and I look up.

Through my blurry vision I see Draco and Angel. They are looking down at me and snickering.

"What?" I croak, my voice is hoarse. They hear me speak and laugh even harder.

"She sounds so funny," Draco whispers to Angel.

"Yeah, I can't believe that I ever even considered being that filthy creature's friend," retorts Angel, she is still having trouble getting her words out while still laughing.

I take a gasping breath in. I am trying to ignore them. I knew that being her friend would be bad, but now I can't tell anyone what is going on. It has gotten too far out of hand.
They laugh at my misfortune some more and they decide I wasn't putting up much of a fight so they left.

I sat there for a few more minutes sobbing quietly to myself. Then a Hufflepuff walked up, "Hey, I'm Leina she said, and you are?"

"Malena." I reply curtly so she knows that I'm not in the mood.

"Alright Malena... Malena... Malena!"

I sit up in my bed and shake the feeling of dread that I had for the first full day of classes. My roommate Wren woke me up, she told me to dress quickly because we were going to be late if we didn't get there soon and pick up our schedules.

We rushed down the hall at the last minute. We were almost late and that would have already ruined our reputations as Ravenclaws.

I saw Leina and Angel after I had rushed into the cafeteria, and they began to walk towards me. Leina waved and Angel walked towards us, she then had a look of panic on her face as she collapsed.

I panicked. I have never seen someone fall over like that before and I didn't know if she was okay.

"Oh my god! Angel are you alright?" I asked. I rushed over to her and tried to comfort her by putting my hand on her shoulder.

She whispered, "I'm fine" and got up. She shrugged my hand off which made me upset but I didn't show it.
"Are you sure?" Leina questioned. Angel nodded her head and walked towards the slytherin table. She and Draco began to have a conversation which meant that she was well enough to be there.

I looked her over once more and let her head to her table. Leina and I headed to our respective tables and ate our breakfast.

I couldn't concentrate on my food or my homework, because I felt someone from the Gryffindor table staring at me. I couldn't talk to anyone either, because I blushed every time I opened my mouth to speak. I left the dining hall early to get to class on time, and to avoid any awkward and unnecessary conversation.

I had to ask around, but me and a couple other first year Ravenclaws arrived to the potions classroom early. I decided to save two seats next to me and waited for the others to arrive. Leina got there and sat down near me, we struck up a pretty decent conversation and then Angel and Draco walked in. Angel smiled at Leina and sat down next to her. I tried to smile at her, but I am sure it came out as a grimace.

The door swung open and hit the wall behind it and the professor walked in. He had long black flowing robes and I am sure that made him look larger than he really was.

I heard a noise to the side of me and I looked over. It was Angel and she had the hiccups.

"Is she alright?" Professor Snape inquired as he strode nearer to us.