Chapter 12 (Part 2)

Hermione wasn't able to sleep properly in a sitting position. She struggled to sleep the whole night.

In the middle of the night, she checked on him and baby Scorp, time to time, to make sure they were sleeping peacefully. That was the only time when both the father and son were at peace. She felt pity for them.

Draco's life was chaotic and painful. 

"Only a strong person can handle so many obstacles and survive" she thought. He was showing qualities of a Gryffindor. She was amazed how Draco maintained a straight face while going through so much suffering. 

"I need to get some sleep" she thought. She tried to rest her head again. Soon, she started dreaming.

"Ron, Ron, listen to me!" she begged with her broken voice.

She could feel the warm tears in her eyes. She rubbed them off with her hand and continued running after the red head.

"Listen to me, please" she screamed.

She looked around the place. It was a very weird place. It had the walls of Ron's room and windows and doors of their Gryffindor common room.

She felt awkward but it was not something she was going to worry about right then. She ran after him as he walked away from her at a faster pace.

"RON!" she called angrily.

He slowly turned around to face her. Ron clicked his tongue in disgust and narrowed his eyes at her. Hermione watched his eyes closely. They had only hatred for her. 

"What do you want?" he asked rudely.

The way the words escaped from his lips broke her heart. The tears that were almost spilling out from her eyes now ran down her cheeks like streams.

She gathered all her courage and tried to grab his arm lovingly but he shoved her arm away and slapped her right across her face.

It stung very badly.

She could feel the burning sensation on her right cheek but it hurt more when she realized that Ron had abused her.

"I don't love you anymore, Hermione. I knew you had a thing for that git, Malfoy. I had known it for a very long time. Ginny told me all about you two dating in your last year at Hogwarts. I heard you say his name in your sleep. All these days I used to tell myself that my Hermione would not do it. But now it's very clear. You love him and his son. A git, a death eater, a murderer like him deserves a slut like you. YES HERMIONE, YOU ARE A SLUT, A WHORE" Ron screamed the last words.

She was speechless.

Even if she wished to say something in defense, her trembling lips, her broken voice won't allow her. She could not look into his eyes, the eyes she had loved all those years. She felt disgusted with herself.

The room she was in started getting dark and then suddenly a man appeared from behind Ron. She studied the dark haired man and her heart sprang with joy.

"HARRY, HARRY, tell him that I did not do it intentionally. Draco is nothing but a friend to me. Like you!" she stammered the words. 

Harry who had a calm face all the time slowly started showing expression of disgusts for her.

"Stop lying to us, Hermione. You did everything intentionally. You love Malfoy. Just go away from us. Don't hurt Ron anymore. Go to hell" he said rudely.