CHAPTER ONE

*Author's Note: I'm extremely new to this, I've never posted a piece of my own work online before so please, be honest and tell me what should be changed and/or your thoughts. Thank youuu :) - Dannii xx *

-Entry One: Beginning-

"Entry One:

Well, this is utterly terrifying. Okay, well why not begin at the beginning? My name is Samantha Cloves, Sam for short. I'm deciding to begin this blog today, because honestly, why the hell not? I enjoy writing and connecting with people, and this seems like the perfect format for that. I am a 16 year old girl, and I have just begun year 10 in high school, which is sophomore year (I believe) for all of you American readers. For a starters, I am a MASSIVE lover of books, like it's unreal how big my collection and love for them are.

I'm not entirely sure what this blog will become, but I'll just have to wait and see where this takes me. No harm in trying, right? I hope that hopefully at least one person could humor me and read this, if not then I'll just continue writing until they do. If you'd like to find out more about me, then please follow me and be waited for my next post, which should be tomorrow because I'm excited and want to share 20 facts about myself with you.

'Till next time,

Sam, lights out."

I pushed the lid of my laptop down, not sure what to make of that blog post. "Nothing much could come from that, right?" I unknowingly mumbled out loud. I slid my cheap Ikea desk chair out from underneath my table and rose to my feet. Not surprisingly enough, my dog had stolen yet another one of my socks. I swear, no matter how hard I try, she will never stop eating my clothing. I even went to the extent of shutting absolutely every door in our house besides the main areas, and she still somehow managed to grab yet another sock. On the way out of my room, I picked up my phone from the bedside table, which had been sitting next to my latest read "Looking For Alaska". I glanced at it, seeing 84 messages from the stupid group chat I'm in with my 3 bestfriends, most of which would be them spamming me with stupid stickers on facebook (who the hell created those because I'd like to give them a piece of my mind) and one snapchat from my neighbour. I locked the phone screen, shoved it into the back pocket of my jeans and kept walking down the hall towards the kitchen. Unlike most teenagers, I do not live with my parents. Yes, they are still alive, although I'm not 100% sure of that. My father left me when I was 6, claiming that he was going to work but he never came home. I'm not sure where he is anymore, I haven't had contact with him since about 4 years ago, when he called back saying that he never wished to hear from me and that he wished he'd never met me. Oh well, feeling is mutual, asshole. My mother is an entirely different story. She committed suicide about 3 years ago; overdosing on pills and mixing them with alcohol. I had just finished a 12 hour shift from work, and came home to find my mother unconscious on the floor with a note saying: "I can't handle it anymore, but you can. You're strong, Sam and I know that you can do this. I wish I was more like you, but I'm not. I'm so sorry, but I love you so much. Never forget that, I'm just turning my light off."

Tears threatened to fall from my eyes, but I shook my head furiously to rid my eyes of the water. I wasn't strong, I was weaker than anyone I knew, but no one knew that. No one knew what happened to my parents, and most didn't care enough to ask. My phone rang to break me from my thoughts, and I swiped left to answer it. "What is it that you need help with, your majesty?"

"Well, because you asked my servant, a ride to school in your carriage this morning would be lovely. If it wasn't such a bother, I would also appreciate it if you managed to bring along some tea and biscuits whilst we traveled would be exquisite." My bestfriend, Nathan, replied in a fake, posh voice.