Chapter 12: New Friends meet Old

That Hottie Henny: Hey. I'm really sorry I haven't answered, I was getting ready with my team and then was hanging out with the Great Lakes team. 

Oh I shouldve known , some coaches have the 'no phones ' rule so the boys can concentrate more. And hanging out with other teams was typical, boys had to have some fun.

Wait.

Great Lakes.

Ty, Eli.

On the Greatlakes Team.

Oh shit.

   I mustve looked pretty flustered because Matt jumped back.

"Um Gracie, are you okay?" He asked nervously.

"What? Oh yeah I'm fine." I laughed reassuring him.

"Good." He smiled "Who was that?" 

"Um, just Jaden." I didnt want him to know.

"Jaden? Jaden Henline? You guys ... you guys like... like talk?"

"Yeah he's a good friend." I exaggerated on the word friend because I didn't want Matt to be crushed. It was also kind of true. I didn't know who I liked anymore. 

"Oh , okay. Do you wanna go watch their game?" I guess matt wanted to change the subject.

"Of course." I grinned. We headed towards the stadium when my phone buzzed again:

That Hottie Henny: Grace? Are you ignoring me?

I sighed and locked my phone. I didn't want to argue or talk. I just wanted to watch baseball.

BUZZ

That Hottie Henny: I'm winning this scrimmage for you :)

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't help but smile. 

"C'mon Matt let's go" and I picked up the pace.

We arrived at the Stadium and the first thing I heard was:

"AYEE!! Eli's girl!!" I knew who that could be. "OW ELI , CHILL." I started laughing , I knew Eli probably punched him

I could almost feel Matt about to hit something behind me. He's way to overprotective sometimes.

"Hey Ty." I waved 

"Hmmm, I think someones saving you a seat , what's your name?" He started laughing pointing to the two empty seats next to Eli. Typical. I walked over to them , with an annoyed Matt following behind.

"Grace, or Gracie." I told him. Right next to me I could see Eli trying to concentrate on the game but he noticed me looking at him and moved his eyes towards me, then very slowly his head, his back was facing Ty. And Ty being the typical 13 year old boy started making heart signs with his hands behind his back.

"Hey." Eli said , not smiling, just looking, he seemed tense though. But before I could say Hi back his eye caught something behind me. Very quickly he nudged Ty, and all the boys faced straight looking totally focused on the game, Even though it didn't start yet.

"You, again." A deep voice said 

I turned around to see Mr.Burwash,

"Hello." I said , I didn't know if I should smile or not, but Mr.Burwash definetley wasn't. He ignored me and adressed the boys.

"Pay attention, you will be playing West your first game. Or second. No fooling around, I'll be registering for a practice spot on the field." He walked away very formal-like.

"Um." Was all I could say.

"He's lowkey a freaking ass around girls when it comes to baseball." Ty looked at me.

"Oh its okay, But if he wants to talk baseball with me anytime , tell him I'll be ready." I said very cocky

Eli gave a little smile that I guess he thought I wouldnt see , but I did. Ty decided to break the silence.

"So Gracie, Before the game starts , wanna introduce us, And we Will do the same?" He suggested.

"Yep. Okay so I'm Gracie or you can call me Grace, whatever you want. And this is my friend Matt."

"Hey , I'm Matt." Matt introduced himself.

"Okay sounds good, well I'm Ty Bryant " Ty said.

"I'm Spencer Newman" a short kid said.

"I'm Carson Kelley." A cute tall kid said.

" And I'm Carson MEYERS." A shorter kid said

"Dez Wilson." A kid raised his hand

"Patrick Hightower" 

"Jonah Thurman" I laughed thinking of the song

"Devin Obee" he probably was the tallest

"Tayshaun Jones"

"John Morrison"

"Maddox Burr" he was reallyy cute and gave me a smile

"Will Buser" said a familiar looking kid.

"Wait," I interrupted, "Arent you the kid-"

"Yes, my names Will Buser and I like girls, yes me, Will the Savage." He laughed 

So did I, remembering his interview where he said "hi my names Will Buser , And I like girls."

"And I'm Eli Burwash." Eli looked at me, with that blank look. His ocean deep eyes staring right into mine.

"Right , got it." But I was cut off by  a loud team passing by. That team happened to be Jaden's. 

"Hey look Jaden, its your girl!" Braden Kolmansberger yelled. The boys all started punching him playfully and teasing him while he was getting all red and giggly. 

"Hey Gracie." He said and waved and smiled while walking to his dugout. Then one of the boys yelled

"Shes got you whipped!" And hit him with a jersey. They were in the dugout and I looked next to me at Eli. He was whispering something to Ty and I could see his veins popping out because he was gripping the chair so hard. 

"Um Eli..." I tapped his throbbing arm. 

He jumped back and looked at me, "yes?"

"Nevermind." I said and looked to see who Mid-Atlantic would be versing. I thought I heard Mr.Burwash say it earlier, but I didnt remember. I read the board.

"West Region"

Just like a cue, Walker strolls right into the stadium bleachers.

Things were about to take a twisted turn.