Ebony Sariph...

"Okay, okay. Would you ever do a kissing booth?"

It was one of those mornings when Bishop and I would talk about random things. Sometimes we would end up in an argument, and other times we would laugh so hard that I would almost crash the car (usually I would proceed to punching the shit out of him afterwards).

"Eww no," I scrunch up my nose.

"Why not? All those people waiting in a line just to kiss that pretty little face of yours." He purses his lips and made kissing noises, leaning in my direction. I blush and smack him, but he only laughs. He earns a scowl from me.

"I don't want to have random people kissing me. I wouldn't even know where their filthy mouths had been."

"Probably licking ass holes or something," he replied.

"I swear to the mighty heavens, Bishop, I will kick you out of this car and make you walk."

His laughter fills the car, and I want nothing more than to punch him. But as I look over to do so, I see that face with that big ass smile that I have come to love, those blue eyes covered slighlty by the crinkled skin from his laugh, that blonde hair a little tousled, shining in the morning sun. I felt a flip in my chest and a small flutter in my stomach. Dear God, help me.

He settles down, a big grin still plastered on his face.

"What?" he laughs again, his cheeks turning a rosy color. I wanted to tell him that he looked beautiful, like an angel in the light, that he was everything that I wanted from life, that he was what I looked forward to when I woke up everyday.

But what came out was, "Nothing more than the fact that you look like you're choking, shithead." I turn my attention back to the road, and I don't have to look to know that there was still a big grin on those lips.

"Excuse me, but I didn't order the chicken wrap."

"Well that's what I have written down on my notepad," I frown. For some odd reason, Joe's Shack was packed today. Costumer's orders were flying left and right, and I tried my best to keep up as I bustled between tables. I could feel my blood boil as people took five years to choose their entrees, when someone spilled their beer all over my pants, and after I got a small tip from someone who made a huge ass mess once they left their table.

"No... I ordered the sea salad. Y'know? The one with the crab and shrimp?"

The steam in my head churned faster as I tried really hard not to go off on her.

"No, you didn't. You said chicken wrap, and I clearly remember because then you also told me that you wanted the ranch to be on the side, and to make sure that the spinach was rewashed."

The woman studied me for a moment, her face twisting up into a snarl. "I clearly don't remember that ever happening."

All I wanted to do was choke the living shit out of her, but since I didn't want to lose my job, I took in a deep breath and tried a different angle.

"Listen lady, I have had a very hectic day. I got beer spilled on me, people are too impatient when it comes to getting their food, and it's stressing me out. I just need you to be that one customer who doesn't push me over the edge, okay?"

She only looked at me, and then she went on to say, "Well it's not my fault that you can't handle things. Maybe if you would stop being so bitchy with how things are run, then you and I wouldn't be having this conversation."

I could feel the rage snap.

"Hello! Is everything going well over here?" Bishop pulls up next to me. Before I could even get a word out, that bitch opened her mouth.

"It was until the waitress here messed up my order. I specifically ordered the sea food salad, and instead she gave me a chicken wrap. Not only that, but her attitude isn't very appreciated." I clutch the pad in my hand, my knuckles turning a ghostly white.

"Well, we'll get right on that salad ma'am! And please excuse our waitress, she's just having a tough day with the rush that's all," he flashed her that charming smile of his. She smiled back at him, and glared daggers at me as we made our way back to the kitchen. I stormed in, tossing my notepad somewhere.

"Hey, it's okay," Bishop says. I run my hands along my face.

"She argued with me over the bull shit SHE pulled," I growled. I learned against the wall, taking in deep breaths.

"Look, why don't you take a small break, I'll take her table, and when you're ready, you can just come right back out, alright?"

"Thanks shit head," I mutter, refusing to meet those lovely blue eyes of his. He squeezed me earlobe, and I swatted at him. He let out a small chuckle.

"Oh, c'mon. The only way to ever get you out of a foul mood is to squeeze your ears."

"Bishop, I don't see how you don't find that weird and creepy," I frown.

"Because as your best friend, I can get away with that stuff."

"Whatever." I let my bang cover my face, concealing my smile.

"See you in five," he shouts, already walking back out into that mayhem. I try not to feel disappointed as he left, so I just blame it on my mood. Still, it hits a soft spot when he cheers me up, always knowing what I need.

I couldn't help the flutter in my stomach.