Cancerous Skies

- Prologue

    You know, I've always wanted to see the world. Learn all of this different cultures, meet new people and learn new languages. It's been a dream for me ever since I turned four years old. My mom always told me to never give up on that dream, because one day, it might come true.

    That made me happy then, so I never let go of my dream. I held onto it for the longest time, hoping one day what my mom said would actually become real.

    But when I turned thirteen, I was diagnosed with Acute lymphoblastic leukemia; or to make it easier ALL. It's a type of cancer that causes the body to make too many white blood cells. But these leukemia cells cannot fight infection very well; so I can get infections, and anemia. It also causes easy bleeding.

    When my mom found out, she started bawling instantly. I was laying in the hospital bed (which is very uncomfortable by the way) and watched her cry. I would have consoled her, if I could. It was a struggle to even move from the bed.

    I was all cried out when the doctor told my mom, because he told me beforehand. He left me alone for a few minutes to calm down, but I couldn't seem to. I started hyperventilating, which made me almost pass out from lack of oxygen. It was harder to breathe, too. 

    Since then, everything was difficult. My whole life had become difficult. My dream turned to dust, in the long list of "never-going-to-happen's".