Skinny love (Olly Murs & Caroline Flack one shot fic)

Day 4 of the Xtra filming was over and the things were going great. Caroline loved that she was back to work. Back to something she genuinely loved doing. She was still getting used to her partner in crime not being Olly anymore.  She liked Matt, she really did. Heck, he didn’t get the job for nothing. He was a great laugh and he slipped into his role of a host very quickly without Caroline having to do much to help him. She knew very well that working with Matt would be different, but it was so hard for her to get used to it. She kept mentioning Olly, imagining what he would say or do, on and on. She kept telling herself that all she needs is some time, simply to get used to everything. That was sort of her way to keep her mind off Olly, even though it kept coming back. She really missed him.

———

It was quite late and pretty much everyone left so Caroline took her bag from her dressing room and said goodbye to Matt who was still inside, clearing the mess he did in his dressing room during the day. She walked out of the studios wearing a pinkish dress and white heels with her hair perfectly falling down her shoulders in tiny curls.

She started walking in the direction of the hotel where she was staying when a strangely familiar voice stopped her.

‘Hey stranger.’

‘Ols?’ She asked not sure if it was him or not but the minute she recognized his cheeky grin she ran into his arms. He placed his hands around her waist hugging her tightly and picking her tiny figure up. She placed a kiss on his cheek and they tear apart. ‘What are you doing here? She asked still surprised to see him.

‘I came to visit you guys on the set.’

‘Now?’

‘Yeah, I know it’s late but I couldn’t make it earlier. ’ He shrugged his shoulders.

‘You’re a busy man.’ She laughed at his response.

‘Caz, you fancy getting a drink? I saw a bar when I was driving here.’

‘I’m really too tired for a crowded bar.’

‘Oh ok.’

‘But we can go to our hotel, I was just on my way actually, and I’m sure we’ll find some drinks there.’

‘Sounds good.’

‘Let’s go.’

The pair of them made their way into the hotel and as they got inside they saw Matt at the lobby waiting to get the key of the room. Caroline excitedly grabbed Olly’s hand and introduced him to Matt who was as excited as Caroline to finally meet Olly. They talked for few minutes, still standing in the lobby and as they finished their conversation Matt made his way to his room as well as Caroline and Olly. Matt greeted them and told Caroline to call him when she’s up to make sure he comes on time.

Caroline and Olly made their way into Caroline’s room and Olly sat on the couch waiting for Caroline who excused herself and went to the bathroom. As she got back she took the phone from the night table and dialed the receptionist asking for a bottle of wine and few moments there was a knock on the door and she took the wine thanking the guy and closing the door as he left.

‘Here ya go.’ She said handing Olly two glasses and pouring the red wine into them.

‘Cheers.’ They exclaimed at the same time and took few sips.

‘So Matt seems like a nice guy.’

‘Yeah, he is. He’s great.’

‘You like him a lot, don’t you?’

‘I do. He makes us laugh all the time. You have to spend some more time with him. He’s amazing.’

‘Oh easy with the compliments, you’re not making it any easier.’ He laughed quietly.