Bridge

(A/N: Hi again, lol. Please remember that this is rated mature, it might not seem that way but it will. Disclaimer: Also the rating in itself should be a warning enough so I probably won't write any warnings unless I feel it necessary. Please don't forget to vote and comment!!! enjoy xx)

We drive down River Street in silence for what feels like for a long time, until we pull to a stop at a red light. I look at Zayn from the side of my eye, his expression neutral. He exhales deeply tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

"What is it?" I look at him, breaking the silence. "Nothing, this light is just taking forever." He breathes out again. Maybe he feels the awkward silence that I do, I think. The light turns green and we continue to drive down the street.

"Do you wanna listen to something else?" Zayn asks looking at me. "Sure" I make a small smile. I never really cared for the music on the radio since all the songs sound the same, I was obviously too distracted by the awkward silence in this car. He hands me his AUX cord and faces the road again. I plug in my phone and scroll through my music for a minute or two before choosing a song. The soft melody plays through the entire car.

I'll use you as a warning sign, That if you talk enough sense then you'll lose your mind

I'll use you as a focal point,So I don't lose sight of what I want.

I lean my head against the window and close my eyes, concentrating on the lyrics of the song. I open my eyes from the sound of rain pouring against the window. "Are you sleeping?" Zayn whispers, "Yeah" I say straightening my body. He flips on his signal lights, and turns onto Canterbury Road then on the freeway.

"You know you didn't have to drive me to my house," I state, "I could've just taken the bus." "I know but I wanted too," He admits. "Why?" I continue, "Because well you're not exactly 100% better and I'd be an asshole if I didn't" he laughs and I hum at what he says.

I'll use you as a makeshift gauge,Of how much to give and how much to take

I'll use you as a warning sign

"Besides it's nice to be with someone besides the guys all the time" he stops laughing. "I guess" I chuckle at his compliment. We continue driving down the freeway with the rain not as heavy as it was earlier. I pull down my visor to check my appearance, and notice a red scratch that looks almost like a cut on my cheek. I touch the bandage covering it, and the cut slightly stings.

"How did I get this cut?" I ask confused. "Oh you got that when you had your nightmare, you must've scratched yourself in your sleep" he explains. "Oh" I say not knowing what else to say. "We can change the bandage when we get to your house" Zayn smiles and it almost reaches his eyes. We reach the red bridge and I look out my window to see it's height towering over me. Living in San Francisco, I don't think I'll ever get over things like this, I think. I look over to Zayn and see him doing the same. "Now this is why I love living here" he says with his British accent. We pass through the streets and finally reach my house. We drive inside my parking lot and I spot my parking space towards the end of the lot with my car in it. My mind has been all over the place this whole time, that I didn't even think about my car either. I just can't wait to pick up my prescription and sleep, then I'll feel much better. "I think there's a guest parking space" I tell Zayn.

"Ok" he says. He turns back around and drives to the front of the parking lot. I point to the empty parking space, thank god it's open. He parks his and I unbuckle my seat belt. "Thanks for driving me home" I smile, but he shakes his head. "We still have to go to the pharmacy to get your prescription" he faces me, and I nod in agreement. I don't say anything about it because he already told me it was fine, but I can't help but feel bad that I'm taking up his time. "It's really not a big deal, since I wouldn't be doing anything, anyways" he shrugs his shoulders and takes the keys out the ignition.