Once Upon An Insanity (An Alice In Wonderland inspired story)

(A/N: I don't own Alice In Wonderland or anything but I thought this up when watching Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland. Thought some people might like it :) so enjoy and let me know of you want more)

The coach shook violently as Alexandria raced down the bumpy path. Lightning crackled in the dark night sky illuminating the forest around her. Alexandria snapped the reigns harder and shouted loudly, urging the horses to go faster, for her pursuers were catching up. Thunder boomed just as lightning licked a nearby tree. The sudden sparks and noise startled the horses, causing them to rear up. Alexandria was thrown off the coach, and landed in the cold mud. For a moment she laid there in the cold rain, feeling the mud soak and stain her cotton nightgown. She was exhausted. A lone how pierced the night, making Alexandria's blood run cold. They had released the hounds. They were no longer trying to bring her back alive...

A new rush of adrenalin over took Alexandria as she pried herself from the mud and began running through the woods. Branches, thorns, and vines all whipped against her fragile skin, leaving gashes and bruises. Her bare feet ached and cracked, blood oozing from open wounds. Her heart pounded in her ears like a drum, keeping her pace at a fast moving beat... But not fast enough. Another howl, closer this time, indicated her pursuers were gaining.

Alexandria ran blindly through the woods, stumbling and almost tripping often, but she never once fell. An inner strength had taken hold of her, urging her forward. She was running so fast she nearly fell off the edge of the steep ravine. Alexandria weighed her options; either stay and be mauled by ravinos hounds that have more than likely been starved for exactly this type of situation, or jump from the edge of the ravine into the raging river bellow. The howling and yelling from the woods told her she only had a split few seconds to make up her mind. "If I'm going to die... I want to die free..." she whispered to herself before closing her eyes, and spreading her arms out wide. With a slight grin, Alexandria plummeted towards the dark cold rapids.

. . .

Alexandria P.O.V.

It felt as if I was falling in slow motion. Besides the wind rushing past me, I wasn't even aware I was falling. I felt as though I was floating. "Come to Wonderland..." a voice whispered. I snapped my eyes open and looked all around. It was the same voice that taunted me throughout my childhood. The same voice that landed me in the mad house I had just escaped from. I opened my mouth to answer the voice back just as I landed in the water. The cold shocked me in a paralyzing way. I couldn't move or speak. My body was

like a ragdoll being thrown around in the currents, smashing into rocks and debris. "I'm so tired ..." I thought to myself as my vision darkened.

Just as I was losing consciousness, I saw a fading face out of the corner of my eye. I couldn't make out any of the features besides a huge grin, and purple cat-like eyes that glowed like a crescent moon in the darkest of nights. It haunted me, how familiar those eyes were.