June 14th

Dear Kogan,

Its been awhile since i wrote anything. I haven't been able to calm myself down long enough to collect my thoughts and put them into words till today.

The Morters are dead.

Anne died from the infection.  I don't know when but her parents hung themselves. When i went to go check on them, i knew something was wrong as soon as i entered the house. They were in the living room. I did my best to get them down peacefully, but while cutting Mrs. Morter down i couldn't get a good grip and cracked her head open on the coffee table. To no surprise it didn't bleed much. 

You hear people use the saying "dead weight" but i never fully understood it until that day. I placed them next to each other and covered them with a sheet i found. I sat there for a few hours.I understood the feeling of loosing your whole world. I felt like i needed to be there for them, to help them go freely to where ever you go when you die.

I wondered what i would do if you and Adam never came back. Would i do the same? If you did come back what would you do if you saw me?

I realized i needed to get out of that house so i went home and tried to keep myself busy. The Morters had some plywood in their garage i could use on the windows and some barbed wire for the garden fence. I tried to come up with the best way to put the boards up without giving off were i was to the things wondering around.

I was at a lose till a pretty bad thunderstorm rolled in Yesterday. I hammer the nails in every time thunder would sound, i got all the windows in the mudroom covered and the windows in the living room too. Those were the only windows you can easily get into.

I guess Michigan's up and down weather came in handy this time.