Dr. Avery (One shot)

- Hayden Smith, a genderfluid Neurosurgeon gets tied up with Dr. Jackson Avery, following problems involving Dr. Stephanie Edwards- (Hayden Smith Image above) 

Today felt like an optimistic kind of day. I woke up feeling positive, I mean that's what great sex does to you, right? Makes you feel positive the next day, almost like all your anxiety flew away. If its with a guy you like I suppose, If it's with the wrong person then I guess that just ruins the purpose of sex. Enough about sex, more about brains. I'm a Neurosurgeon, not a zombie. If that's what you were thinking. I have been an attending at Grey+Sloan Memorial Hospital for 2 years, and I wouldn't want to be a surgeon anywhere else. There are problems but it's the job that keeps you there. 

I walked towards my locker in the attending lounge and changed into my scrubs. I grabbed my lab coat and slipped it on. I turned around, and there stood Jackson. I raised an eyebrow. 

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked, hoping he just walked in. 

"long enough to see you wiggle your butt" He winked, walking towards his locker, and slipping his shirt off. 

"How embarrassing" I said, and winked while walking off to start your day. 

"Dr. Smith!" Interns. I forgot how much these interns annoyed the hell out of me. Wilson's the decent one, the rest just annoy the hell out of me. 

I walked towards them and grabbed a tablet, going through my patients. 

"What is it,  Dr. Murphy?" I said, not looking at her. She drives me insane. 

"I brought you coffee, also um, Mr Scott's vitals are back up, and he is awake, requesting you" She said, handing me a coffee. I looked up at her.

"You're so determined for me to like you, aren't you?" I said, grabbing the coffee and walking towards the elevator. 

"Well, of course. I think you're an amazing surgeon, and also because I want to be on your service today" She said, following me. 

"Wilson is on my service today, go and find Shepherd, maybe he'll want you on his service. He's the head of neurology after all" You said, pressing the button to go upstairs. You were to lazy to take the stairs, plus if it takes anything to get away from Murphy. 

"He has Brooks on his service, plus Dr Ross and Brooks have been on neurology for longer than they should be, I've been on everyone else's service, apart from yours" She said, and I walked in the elevator and pressed the button. 

"I'll finish my coffee first, talk to my patient and then Shepherd, I'll get back to you" I said, and the elevator doors closed. You were relieved. You drank your coffee peacefully. 

You made your way towards Mr Scott's room and opened the door. 

"Good morning Mr Scott, how are you feeling today?" I asked, looking through his charts from his surgery I performed yesterday. 

"Feeling so much better today. I want to thank you for your amazing work. You're really good at your job, so thank you, for everything. I appreciate it" He said and I smiled at him.

"You're welcome. Did you get your check up today?" I asked, and he nodded.

"You're training them well, Dr Smith" He said and I chuckled. 

"I do my best. I'll be back in a few hours to see how things are, and if things look good, you can be home today" you said and he grinned. 

"Thank you" 

I walked towards the nursing station and worked through some charts, Dr Shepherd appearing with Murphy trailing behind. You rolled your eyes. 

"I'm on Shepherd's service today, he said he would teach me something, something you don't do" Murphy came out with. You raised your eyebrows, in shock.