raid - ii

IOLA

"Axis, Telos, Exousia." Iola yelled, lacing her words with authority. "As the leader of Eternal, and Albeda's strongest adventurer, I command Albeda's first guild raid!" She grinned, holding up the guild's master staff.

Iola Asphodel was the guild leader of Eternal, and the first supreme ranked hero in Albeda. Today, May twentieth, year 2231, the four strongest guilds of Albeda has planned to hold a twenty-four hour raid through the guilds as a way of bidding Albeda Online goodbye, so, starting from rank twenty-eight. Guild invasions were held by each of the four guilds, testing their strengths against fellow players. And as the clock on the top right corner of their screen hit 00:00, the four guilds were assembled at the foot of Neverfill Mountain, the mountain that is home to Eternal.

To say that it was crowded was an understatement. "There are currently a hundred and fourteen players here, excluding the NPC armies that we will spawn to help in our raid." Iola began to pace the among the players, glancing around once in awhile. "As Albeda sees its end, we shall barge into victory as the servers shut down." The crowd roared with approval.

"Lady Asphodel." A girl's voice called. "Oh, Never Bellfire." Iola smiled, turning to face the younger girl. "It is time to go." Never said, gesturing at the blood moon in the sky. The magnificent stars waved at Iola, and she heaved a sigh. How she'd miss seeing the galaxy by looking up in Albeda. "Get Exousia to follow Axis to Rank 28, make sure you're done within an hour so that you can move on to Trindale." Iola bid farewell to Never, since it'd be at least twenty hours till they meet once more.

"Eternal, Telos! Let us engrave our names into guild walls! Allies, let's move!" As she said that, her mount hopped out of a magic portal, a nemean lion whose coat can withstand third-tier attacks. She mounted him and the army of NPCs and adventurers charged towards the direction of the Rank 27's guild. They didn't know their names, but it didn't matter, since they're going to be trampling over them anyway.

They only had half an hour to clear the guild and snatch their guild flag, it'd be fine since her generals and captains were here. Valkaeri specialised in silent kills and mind control. Lyson mastered the elements of Albeda, which was incredibly useful. Beson had such amazing accuracy with his arrows, his archery rivalled the gods'. Krigare was a mighty Empros, or warrior, that was fearless and owned the finest swords, cleavers, had the strongest armour and the strongest heart. Iola herself thought she wasn't much without her eidolons, but everyone in Eternal always said she was the supreme ruler, even without her eidolons.

"Iola~" Valkaeri whined. "Won't you let us stop for a break? We've been at it for hours." Iola scoffed as the other adventurers snickered. "We had just departed ten minutes ago, Val. You have more energy in combat, it may seem." Valkaeri smirked, running a hand through his hair. "Well, Machairi need a lot of MP, and Agility, so of course--"

"Target in range." A monotonous voice said, and all the adventurers whooped while preparing their weapons and armours. "Rank 27, hello." Lyson chuckled. "Lyson, don't be so heartless. We're knocking guilds off the rankings right now." Beson chided, nudging Lyson's snow leopard with his own. "Beson, let Ly be. You know how thirsty for blood he always is." Krigare said, eyeing Lyson. He always had a thing for the spell caster.

Rumours say that he's gay for Lyson.

As the two guilds strolled up to their opponent's door step, they chatted as if nothing was wrong. Iola overheard a girl talking about her puppy that she recently bought. Blood was about to be spilled, and she's talking about her puppy? "Hey, we'd like to meet with your leader." Valkaeri hollered, nudging Iola's lion aside to step forward. "Helion is not online at the moment, who may you be?" A man's voice shouted, probably from the guild horn. "We're just gonna--"