Storms Awakening

Through the massive storm, the crippled man trudged through the wet sand, as waves bellowed and crashed behind him. Twigs and shells were being carried through the wind, forcibly hitting his already bloodied face. It was a hurricane created by Satan himself, and he was in the eye of it.

The high pitched wails coming from the silk blanket that he gingerly held in his arms, was a reminder of why he was out here, risking his life. He could hear shouting from the waves, indicating that the thing he'd been running from for months, was just a couple hundred feet away. He was so close to the safe haven. Her safe haven.

A colossal gust of wind struck the man, and the silk that he held in his arms tore apart, revealing a beautiful infant girl. Her eyes were a radiant blue, a perfect match to the heartbroken pair that languishly gazed into them.

He reached the gate that led to the mortal world, and brought the young beauty that he held in his rough, callused hands to his lips and gave her one last kiss. "Goodbye my beautiful daughter. I love you, and I'm sorry."

More shouting cut through the air, like a blade through flesh. They were getting closer. He summoned the last bit of strength that was left in him to stumble towards the small opening in the gate and carefully placed the baby through it.

A moment after, a deafening shriek came from behind, making the ground tremble, and a golden beam of light dodged the man, and shot through the gate. It encircled the baby, and extracted a single string of white magic, her voice. Then she was gone. Safe.

The man's eyes widened as a single tear slithered down his cheek, before a tentacle, black as night, encircled his neck and began to constrict him, like a python to it's prey. The last thing he saw, was the gate shattering to pieces before being pulled into a black abyss.