extended summary

[DISCLIAMER: I DO NOT OWN Girl Meets World or any of its plot lines, I do however own Nova and any characters I choose to add. I own Nova's individual dialogue and plot.]

Nova Chen, a book worm who may or may not be a closet spitfire, the girl who sits with a blonde beauty and the human equivalent to the sun.

She rides the subway, she's always loved the bay window, and she was loyal.

When she was only in sixth grade she lived in a New Hampshire cottage, her father had died a couple years before in a car accident, and her mother worked the night shifts at a hospital just to keep them afloat. But one night, her mother just disappeared without a trace, the police sirens screamed into her driveway.

"Nova– Nova Chen? Are you okay?" They'd offered her blankets and pitiful glances, but all she wanted was her mother. After a week of waiting and staying with an officer named Jim, CPS put her into foster homes.

She'd traveled around a lot of the east coast, but at the age of twelve she was being adopted. She had been enrolled previously in Mr. Matthew's class, history, after a year of couch surfing and un ignited connections, and he instantly fell in love with the damaged little girl. He and Topanga felt they needed another kid in the house, and who better than a little live wire who symbolized new beginnings. A rainbow of a girl.

Riley immediately scooped her up into their lives, after all seventh grade was just starting. Maya didn't mind, broken girls had to stick together, and she was similar to her in many ways. Farkle was taken by the young beauty, it was the rare kind that snuck up on you, haunted your dreams, and bit at the corners of your mind.

Lucas, ugh the subway boy, he intrigued Nova so much. He was a mystery, and she was going to solve it. But she didn't know that he felt the same way. He liked the girl who spaced out on one of Corey's lessons just to read a new book, he liked the spitfire who defended her friends and always seemed to have a certain glint in her eye.

And yet, Farkle made her feel safe, but powerful. He filled her with the confidence that someday she could change the world, create anything she wanted. He made her feel tingly and like art.

She thought she was broken glass, she didn't want anyone getting caught in her edges and bleeding out, but he wanted to piece her together. He wanted to make a mosaic. She was his supernova and he was her epiphany.

p.s.  i'd like to point out that Nova is Korean-American, she is my second poc character and i'm going to try and make her complex and beautiful.