We Are A Secret, Can't Be Exposed

"That's basically why you can't get in a boat before untying it from the dock, Connor," Dakota spoke softly to me. I watched as he jumped in the boat and lost his balance, falling out; his weight tipped the boat and I went down with him. I landed on top of him and he did nothing but grab my hips to get me off of him. But he didn't let go. He just stared into my eyes and I couldn't help but look at the chocolate brown eyes of his. Dakota eventually started slowly leaning upwards and his face grew closer to my face by the second. Eventually his lips collided with mine and I had no wrong feelings about this; Dakota was quite an attractive guy.

I had never given a thought to my sexual orientation until now. The way his lips felt on mine was so wrong to society, but so right to me. I think deep down I always knew I had a sort of attraction to Dakota, but I didn't know just how much I wanted him until he was finally mine.

**

"Hey dude, can you come over right now?" the text I sent to Connor read. I was nervous about revealing my feelings for him; what if he didn't love me back? What if he just said, "Hey I'm sorry, I just don't feel for you the same way you feel for me." Oh, get a grip, Dakota. Connor was the one that started the whole thing. It's been subtle, of course, but still... I could've been getting the wrong signals. Lately, Connor has been acting strange around me. He's been mostly the same, but as if I don't notice how he's hung out and play-fought with me more, and how he doesn't know I notice, out of the corner of my eye, the looks he gives me. So he loves me back, right? Shut up Dakota, you can't tell that from a couple of looks.

Suddenly, my phone buzzes and shakes me out of my thoughts of worry. It's a text from Connor saying, "Sure dude, I'm on my way." I take shaky breaths, and think of what to say when he arrives. After what seems like an eternity, Connor walks down the stairs and comes over.

"Look, Connor, we... um... need to- talk," I say hesitatingly as he sits down in a chair near me.

"What's up, Dakota?" he asks.

"Um, well. we've been friends for a while, and I've... sort of... well, I know you've been hanging out with me more, and, um, I've seen you looking at me, and... um..." I say, almost mumbling. Connor turns a slight shade of red. This was getting nowhere; I need to tell him. "Connor, I think... I think I love you," I say quickly, looking down at my hands in my lap.

There's a silence. A long, interminable silence. Finally, I look up at him and he's- he's smiling. He's actually smiling. "Thank god you said it, Dakota. I never would've been able to," he says, grinning as he grabs my hands.

"Connor? You... do you..." I trail off, wanting to ask the question but not wanting to.

"Do I love you back?" he finishes my sentence for me.

I nod, biting my lip.

"I think I do, Dakota," Connor answers, still smiling. I start grinning, the ear-to-ear type of grin that means all worries and troubles are gone. Then I bite my lip again, waiting for his move. He slowly leans towards me; in that split second, I realize he could be mine. My love. I lean forward as his lips crash into mine and we wrap our arms around each other, passionately kissing. Then we break apart a moment.

"They can't know about us," Connor whispers in my ear.

"No one can," I agree and lock my lips on Connor's.

**

I snap out of my flashback, smiling, considering the fact that Connor is going to have that cute surprised look on this face only two days away from now because of the one month video. I can't help it, I just love him so much and I'm so happy for us to actually be a thing. 

I didn't notice any earlier than when I kissed him that I was in love with him: I just knew, I felt the sparks and that moment he jolted too, signaling he felt the sparks as well. I remember that day like it was yesterday. To my surprise he didn't pull away, and that's what made me happiest. 

The video I filmed telling him how much I love him finally exported into my Mac, right when I heard someone walking downstairs. I saved the video, exited Final Cut Pro, and went on sound cloud, spinning in the chair. Connor walked down the stairs and came over to sit at my desk with me.

"Hey babe," he said. 

"Hello," I replied with a smile. He walked over to me and sat on my lap, still looking at me. He removed my Skull Candy hat and put it on his head backwards so some of his hair was sticking out.

"You're hot," I said laughing. He leaned down and kissed me on the lips. It lasted about 3 seconds, then he tried to pull away but I grabbed his head and kept it where it was; it lasted another 15 seconds when I pulled away, sucking in a breath of air, he as well. 

"Sorry, you're just so hot." 

"Definitely shouldn't be sorry, now kiss me you fool," he spoke. I kissed him and stood, smiling into the kiss because he's older and I'm taller; he's just so adorable.

I pulled away for a second. "Jump," I said and he did. I grabbed his legs, swinging them around me as I walked to the black leather couch, laying him down and crawling on top of him. "I love you," I said and I pecked him on the lips, pulling away and laying on his chest, falling asleep to his heartbeat. 

_________________________________________________________________

Okay guys, I didn't think it'd be a good idea to tell the readers who is writing this story; just have fan accounts and readers tweet it. But there are 4 of us working on this, and we're gonna try to make it the best it could be. If you don't ship Dakonnor then just leave; you don't have to hate. 

Connor is not going to be a Mormon in this story, because drunk times and sexyyyyyyy moments. Oops... ~Shortfilmzz123 Writers.