I need a break. (Chapter 25)

Ally’s POV:

“Since you guys threw me in the water can one of you be my hot water bottle?” I fluttered my eyelashes at them, my arms folded across my chest trying to contain what little warmth I had left. Even though I had gotten changed since they threw me in the water, Drew’s baggy singlet and my dripping hair did not help me stay warm. I would’ve gone home to get my own clothes but in all honesty I could not be bothered.

“SHOTGUN!” Drew called, before either Wes or Keaton could even think of responding. The question was kind of already aimed at him, so I was glad he was the first to respond.

“Geez, someone’s a little eager,” Keaton teased.

“Who doesn’t love to snuggle?” Drew scoffed, opening his arms wide for me as I clambered onto the couch. I crawled into his arms and burrowed into his side, resting my head on his shoulder.

“So what are you guys thinking of doing later on?” I asked, peering around our little circle curiously.

“Haven’t thought that far ahead yet! Do you guys want to stay the night?” Drew questioned, looking between Keaton and Wes.

“Yeah dude! We can go for a surf early in the morning like we used to, cause we haven’t done that in ages!” Wes commented. I looked over at Keaton, a small glint in my eyes as I remembered our surfing lesson. He grinned at me, both of us sharing a knowing look.

“So are you guys going to have a sleepover?” I asked.

“Not a girly one!” Wes scoffed.

“Aw why not?! Girly sleepovers are fun!” I chuckled.

“You should join us!” Keaton blurted out. His cheeks flushed almost instantly as we all turned to look at him. “I mean…sorry, it’s your house Drew I don’t want t—“

“Nah dude you’re right! You should spend the night with us Al,” Drew grinned. I processed this thought, knowing immediately what my answer would be but not wanting to seem too eager.

“I don’t want to intrude…”

“You can’t be serious right now! You could never intrude! We could invite Indi, Aidan and Zoe round as well, just make a night out of it!” Drew explained, perking up at the thought of all his friends over. It was almost like I could feel the excitement radiating off of him, and I have to admit it was incredibly infectious. It was so sweet how just the thought of being surrounded by people he loved made him so happy.

“You better call them then, since it is your house…” I chuckled, ready to push myself off of him. He pouted and pulled me straight back to his side. He cuddled me tightly to his chest refusing to let go of me.

“I’m comfy!” He whined. I rolled my eyes, but shifted into a position that was more comfortable for me. My head rested on his shoulder, his arm hooked around my waist holding me close and his free hand was playing softly with mine on his chest. It was like whenever we were like this the rest of the world was blocked out of my mind, so I was startled when Wes spoke up again, breaking me out of our little private world.

“You guys would be a cute couple,” he blurted out. My eyes shot over to him, widening in shock.

“Excuse me?” Drew questioned. Already his grip was loosening on me, allowing me to spring apart from him if I needed to. Drew and I had talked about how we would tell them multiple times while we were at his bach.  We had come up with a mutual agreement that we would tell them when the time was right, and by the atmosphere right now it definitely wasn’t the right time. In my opinion anyway.