CHAPTER ELEVEN ***Teaser***

Once the doctor turned me loose, I made my way to the barracks. I knew that Captain Taggart would understand once he learned who my mate was, but it would be hard. I could feel the eyes of several of my friends when I came to a stop just outside his office door and knocked. When he opened it, he smiled as he saw me.

"Come in Rivers. What can I do for you?" He asked as I took a seat. "Sir, it's with a heavy heart that I am saying this. I am resigning as a Royal Guard." Silence filled the office as Captain Taggart stared at me. His face was blank and I couldn't get any kind of reading off of it. "Are you sure Rivers?"

"Yes sir." I pause and then meet his eyes. "It's not because I want to quit Captain, but it's because I have to. For the past few months, I've had suspicions on who my mate was and they were confirmed the day of the attack. If he had been anyone else, I'm sure that I would have still been able to stay on as a guard."

He stood up and I did the same. "Well, I'm sorry that we're losing you Rivers, you were one of my best." The captain shook my hand and gave me a small smile. Leaving the office, I slowly make my way to my bunk and start to pack my things up. This would be my last night in the barracks and the thought saddened me.

The next morning at five, I was out of bed. All my things were packed and sitting at the foot of my bunk, waiting. Taking one last look around me, I hurry outside and towards the castle. I wasn't sure how Darcy was going to take the fact that I knew we were mates but kept quiet about it. Reaching his room, I nod to Green who gave me a smile and left.

At six when Darcy stepped out of his room, I couldn't help but check his face. The cuts and bruises had healed nicely with no scarring. Breakfast was slow, but I didn't care. With each passing hour, I was becoming unsure of the meeting that was waiting for me.

Finally, about ten after seven, the price stood up, hugged his mother and headed down the hall towards his father's study. Five minutes after Darcy entered the study, I knocked softly. "Come in." I heard the king call out and I slowly open the door. I could feel both of their eyes on me, but I kept my eyes on the ground.

"Please sit down Phoebe." The king said softly but I just shook my head. I was too nervous to sit down. I could feel that Darcy couldn't understand why I was there. Slowly meeting the king's eyes, I nod my head. "Son, the hunt for your mate is over." The king spoke looking at his son.

"What do you mean Father?" Darcy demanded as he glared at the king. "I mean that your mate has come forward. You don't have to go looking for her."

"You know who she is?" He asked softly, his voice uncertain. My heart jumped and my wolf whimpered softly. She wanted to comfort him but I held back. "Who is she?" Darcy demanded. The king didn't say anything. Instead, he just turned his gaze to me and waited.

I could tell that Darcy was getting more and more upset. "Could you give us a few minutes Sire?" I asked softly, my eyes glued to the desk. "Sure Phoebe. I'll be outside in the hall."

The quiet once the king left was almost unbearable. "I'm guessing that you know who my mate is since my father left you in here." He spoke and I turned to look at him. "Yes my prince. I know who she is."

"What's her name?"