Chapter 1: The Surprisingly Insane

• Dedicated to Yanna Verzosa Roberto

Chapter 1: The Surprisingly Insane

Paris’  point of view

“Please fasten your seatbelts, everyone. We are now arriving at Manila, Philippines,” the stewardess said in the intercom.

Everyone cheered from the announcement while I stayed silent and stuck my eyes out from the empty blue sky, waiting for this airplane to be landed soon. I still didn’t want to go home. I want to stay in America as long as possible. Four years is not enough to forget him.

From the arrival area, I looked for a cab. I told him to bring me to the nearest five-star hotel and after that, I glued my eyes to the outside of the window of the cab.

My brothers and my father didn’t know about my arrival in the Philippines. This wasn’t my plan to go home soon. I just need to go home to the Philippines because there’s an emergency when my brother, the first born, Ethan called me.

I went to America because I want to forget my painful past. Now, I’m going back… here in the Philippines. The reason why I am here is because of very excusable pathetic emergency of my brother, Ethan. And I don’t know what’s that fucking emergency. He just told me that it was about dad.

Arriving at the hotel at night brought me peaceful and calming scenery. But it wouldn’t change the fact that I am here now in the Philippines and there’s a possibility I could meet that jerk.

I need to act cool just in case it would happen to me in an unfaithful time. I wouldn’t know when fate loves to play with me.

I sighed as I stared in the glass window of my hotel room. I saw the beauty of Manila at night as how those neon lights from the buildings and vehicles from afar looked like Christmas lights.

Sighing, I frowned. What kind of emergency are they talking about?
“Why would they always leave me from behind?” I mumbled under my breath.

What gave me a wonderful and very suspicious question is how on earth did they find my number in America? I kept myself moving secretly, to keep myself from the prying eyes of my brothers. I hid so my brothers couldn’t find me. But I guess I didn’t hide all my tracks.

Taking a quick shower, lots of question had been drawing inside of my head. I need to go to sleep after this quick bath. I need to go home as soon as possible. I so wanted to know what emergency were they talking about.

And I’m very sure my brothers would be surprised to see their youngest sister coming home without any words saying she would come back.

Morning came and I checked in the hotel I stayed in. My hands are fidgeting from nervous because I am not so sure what would my brothers tell me. Like I had been gone for four years without telling them anything. That would be too awkward if I meet them later.

I took a deep breath as I stepped out from the cab, staring the exterior design of our house. It’s been a while since I went here. I kind of am missing my nosy brothers. My eyes roamed around from the bluish white-painted gate. I was about to press the doorbell from the gate when I saw a little girl from our front yard of our garden.

My forehead knitted, confused. Who is she? I blinked for a while before I decided to call. Then, she came over me.

“Hello. May I help you, miss?” the little girl asked me.