Link 3- Past Not Future

Sapphire. She was close, looking at me-at us. I couldn't help but smile. I looked up at Emerald. "What? Do I have something on my face?" I looked at him. How innocent- I felt the tiniest pin pierce my conscience. Thrill. We sat down. The little corner was the same as the hall- cold marble covered the area. The air was beautiful. The clock ticked. I looked at Emerald making sure he knew nothing of my plans. Sapphire I decided. Not part of my original plan but worth the thrill indeed.
       "Emerald, what am I to you?" I grinned. "Huh? Um a friend?" He said. I caught him by surprise. "What do you think of Sapphire?" "Who's Sapphire? I don't think I've met her before. " he said plainly. " Hm... Want to see her?" "I don't mind". I could tell, he was confused. "SAPPHIRE!" I called out. "HE WANTS TO MEET YOU!" Sapphire was near. So obvious to see to hear. Her heartbeat never stopped looking at her heartthrob. I figured her little push before was simply to make me back off. Unfortunately though, I'm not that nice. What others want I will have. What others have I already have. I laughed. "I'm joking, Sapphire's probably in the cafeteria. She couldn't be out here" I said loud enough for her to hear. Her heart calmed a bit. It must've relieved her.
        Emerald laughed. "Your weird!" "Yes, I am -a pure gem the most valuable of them all! Aren't I?" I looked at him. "Yes you are indeed!" Amusing. I smiled. We ate. I took out a diamond from my pocket. It was the size of a pebble. "Emerald, I don't like you. So can you leave. " I stated not asked. He looked at me. I felt his heartbeat increase in speed.
        He didn't say anything. I rolled the diamond in my hand. I held it up. "You see, being a diamond is quite hard. Not many like diamonds. Too perfect too shiny. Many are filled with the desire to either claim or break them. Those filled with envy destroy and those with greed claim." I smiled and turned to him. I imagine a hurt soul sitting unmoving due to a broken heart. "Which are you?" I ask haughtily.
        Ouch. A slap to my face with enough impact to leave a bruise. Sapphire. "If your so 'GREAT' then why pretend to be another gem HUH 'RUBY'!" She was angry. Her tone shook like thunder. Sapphire on fire. Emerald stood up. "Neither" he replied. He was breathless. It was like I drained everything from him. "I'm going " he said solemnly. Sapphire tried to stop him. "I haven't even confessed! You CAN'T leave!" Sapphire cried. She had overheard everything. She was holding in her tears bitterly. "I'm a thousand times better than her! You just didn't find the right person! If only you had never met he--" "I'M FINE" he snapped. Sapphire grew quiet. "I'm sorry- just ......no more. " He still kept himself in control. He turned to me "tell me who can love a diamond too sharp to claim and too sharp to hurt--and too hard to love." I imagine his eyes dim with no light. He left.
       I looked down. A bruise on my wrist. I had held it so hard there was an imprint left. Sapphire stood exchanging expressions of anger of hurt of utter sadness. The tears she held back broke the dam. Like a leaking faucet she sank to her knees and cried. Is it wise to cry in front of your enemy? Is this all I could think of? I questioned my self.
"I fell for him the moment I saw him, it's unfair. You ruined him! You ruined......me. I HATE YOU!!! Leave me alone - I NEVER WANT TO SEE THAT DAMN FACE OF YOURS---DIAMOND!" She flashed. She ran, probably tears in her eyes. I looked around me. Quiet. What period is this? Did the bell ring? What else to do? Right, Mell. One task done, another left. Hopefully this one will be much more pleasing. I repeat my thoughts over and over- this will be the past not the future. My heart stopped.
       A diamond has many edges to mark the war between its conscience and many sides to hide her face. Today is past not future. No need to worry. All will be over soon then all that remains is thrill. I conclude. I smile not moving from my place. The diamond still in my hand- as hard and sharp as ever.