1

"You don't believe me?" The smooth voice rang in her ears. It glided against her skin like water, leaving a cold chill. "Am I supposed to?" She responded hesitantly. Her eyes focused on the paper coffee cup in front of her. "Well, considering who you are, I would expect you to. Or did you change? Did mommy's harsh words finally get to you?" She could practically head his smirk. "I suppose I do. But it's rather... Sudden... " She took a shaky breath, and tapped the table with her index finger. "Oh come on, since when did sudden ever bother you?" He was contemplating lifting her head to face him. "It hasn't but... I don't know, I guess I was expecting a warning." She sighed. "Kid, you know it doesn't work that way." His voice had a pitiful tone. "Yeah, I know. I wish I didn't know it as well as I do." She clenched her fingers into fists. "Yeah, I wish you didn't either." He sighed.

She finally looked up at him. It didn't even look like he had a face. From a the neck up, his 'skin' was pitch black. Like a shadow with a pair of glowing white eyes. A shadow with horns pointing towards his back, but those were just as black. It was funny, how that was the only thing that was... Different... About him. He looked normal in every other way. Wearing a casual black suit and tie, but his hands looked so pale. Almost albino.

He watched her, her wavy brown hair curling in to cover her face. It reached just past her shoulders, and it looked messy. Her red eyes stood out, looking at him questioningly. Her green hoodie his her figure, as she kept pulling it down to hide her waist, along with part of her black skinny jeans. She looked nervous. She wasn't in any danger, but she didn't know that. It didn't help that this strange man was claiming to be a powerful entity that had watched her since birth, or that his appearance wasn't easy on the eyes.

"You said your name was Xero, correct?" She eyed him suspiciously. "Yes, that is correct Cebra." He smirked internally. Hearing her name coming from the man's mouth sent chills to her core. He was strange, and they'd just met, but she felt as if they'd known each other forever. It bugged her to no end that when he said her name, it felt right. Natural. She rubbed her temple, a headache was forming at this point. She didn't know how long she could continue to speak to him. Looking up again, she met his 'eyes.' "Look, I believe your crazy story. Things like this have never been impossible to me. But what's the point? You just wanted to drop by to say: "Hey, I've been watching you your whole life! Just thought you should know." And waltz back to wherever you came from?" It was apparent she was growing impatient. "No, that is not why I'm here. I am here, because I have been reposted to protect you in your own habitat." He chuckled, and smirked. It's not like she could see it anyway. "So what, I'm a lab rat and your my body guard? I don't think it works that way." She hugged, furrowing her brows together. "Oh Cebra. You'll understand with time." He stood from his seat. "Ohhhhhh no, you're not gonna 'understand with time' me and expect me to take it quietly. I want answers bucko." She stood as well, leaning forward. "And you'll get them. Just not today." And he disappeared. Not a trace left.

Cebra sat, and leaning back in her chair.

"What a day."